Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

First - LOVED having the day off!  Happy Birthday to our country!  

Second - we kept busy today.  Oh my goodness!  This morning we headed down to Creston to enjoy their 4th of July Parade.  We figured a 10:00 parade would be more 'enjoyable' then a 2:00 parade!  The heat is just ridiculous!  Plus Kayson got some time with Grandma & Papa.  The parade was a success...  Kayson enjoyed it.  (Of course deathly afraid of the firetruck sirens and horns), but then he was over it, and all about getting the candy!  We walked around town a little...  hit up a book sale, had lunch and then played at little at Grandma & Papa's.  It was a nice visit!

We got home mid-afternoon, and K took a short rest...  meanwhile, my niece asked us if we would meet them up for dinner in Ames.  Hope & Eden were bored!!!  ha.  :)  Too funny.  So we went up to Ames for dinner with them...  man, we had fun.  Those girls just crack me up!  We ate too much and laughed a ton too.  (I believe I laughed until I cried!!)  

And now it's bedtime...  K was tired, and I'm wiped out too.  The heat just takes so much out of me.  I'm swollen (it seems everywhere!) and just hot.  Lovely!  

We enjoyed today...  sad that it's over, and sad we have to go back to work tomorrow.  

Here are a few pictures from today.  





No comments:

Post a Comment