Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Closed & Prepping

I'm not a big reader...  not at all.  But when I found a blog called http://www.mattlogelin.com/ (Life & Death all in a 27-hour period), I was more and more interested in reading.  The blog is about a young man who lost his wife 27 hours after she gave birth to their first & only daughter.  I've read the blog for nearly 2 years now, and he's written a book about the first year of his daughter's life and how he coped with being a single Dad.  I knew I had to get it when it came out.  It was a super easy read...  it brought tears to my eyes and brought laughter too.  I think about if something like this were to happen to me and Ryan, I'm not sure if I could be as strong as this man/father was and is.  It's an amazing story that teaches me that life REALLY IS TOO SHORT.  I'd love to pass the book along to anyone, if they'd like it. 

Now moving on...  we are prepping to have our house painted (interior).  We've been in the house for over a year now... and I've been tired of that flat builders paint for over a year!  We've made a decision that we'd hire someone to come in and paint for us (since Ryan and I don't do well at painting together!)  ;)  The painter comes tomorrow and will paint all day long (in hopes to finish in a day!)  I'm anxious and ready for the house to look more 'warm and homey'.  The painter will be updating our kitchen, main living area, hallway, and area down to the basement... along with our master bedroom.  I'm so excited to have it be done!!  Then maybe in a year or so, I can have him come back and do the bathrooms!  ;)  Last night I took all the wall stuff down, and tonight we'll move some of the small things away from the walls and then a couple large things (like the TVs).  I hope to upload pics at some point!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to borrow the book if nobody else has requested it!

    Abby

    ReplyDelete