Thursday, September 2, 2010

Good Deed... and Friends

I did some volunteer work this afternoon. 11 of my co-workers and I volunteered for the Meals from the Heartland. I've never done anything like that before... and was anxious to see how it worked. There was so many people that filled HyVee Hall... I was amazed. It was basically a 'factory line'... I had the sealing portion of the food bag. Our little group put together 19 boxes of 36 food bags in 2 hours --- 684 bags. We made a difference. It was a great feeling.

Tonight Colleen & Cali came for dinner and to play. And wow - did the play hard! It was so awesome. Colleen played just as hard as the kids... it was hilarious! Kayson really took to both of them tonight... Ryan, Colleen & I all said - "Just wait... they are going to get closer each time we do this". When Cali was leaving she gave hugs to all of us... and Kayson sneaked in a kiss. It was so sweet. ;)





Kayson doesn't say Cali's name very well... but we ask if she is his friend and a big "YEAH" comes out. That's what we want... lots of friends to love and play with! We are very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment