Monday, September 13, 2010

Kayson - 15 Month Well Check/Shots

I have a frustrating story, so you all get to listen!
Last week, daycare informed me that they needed a copy of Kayson's immunizations. I always forget to ask for it at the doctors. Anyway, I called last Tuesday to get a copy. I was off that day, and the lady said she would call me back that afternoon to pick it up. No call back. Wednesday I didn't hear anything... so Thursday morning I called to check in. I let a different gal know my story and she said she would call me back. Thursday afternoon I got a call back saying that Kayson wasn't updated on his shots. WHAT? We talked and attempted to figure it out, and she said she would call me back. Friday morning she called me back and explained that Kayson never had his 15 month well check visit. Again - WHAT? I was so confused and frustrated... and worried. I scheduled the visit for this afternoon.

Kayson got three more shots today... and hated every second of it. He's fine in the lobby, but the second we walked into the room, he cries and clings hard. The nurse said "I'm going to need help, aren't I?" I said "Yes." I pretty much had to strap him down while two nurses gave the shots. Once they were done and out of the room, he was perfectly fine... I just hope he sleeps.

Anyway, my main frustration is that Ryan and I are first time parents and we completely rely on our doctor and nurses to help us with what's next for Kayson. I had NO idea he needed a 15 month well check visit. No clue. It's just dis-heartening... I have put a complaint into the main office... and will be complaining to the 'manager' or main doctor as well, just haven't gotten that far yet.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget--You are a GREAT mommy! :)
    I know I've learned a lot from you...
    Sorry to hear about this frustration, as I can only imagine the stress!

    ReplyDelete