Saturday, August 7, 2010

NonStop

From 4:30 pm on Friday evening until now, Saturday evening at 9:45... I've been nonstop. I can say it's been all enjoyable and fun... however, I'm ready to relax tomorrow!!

Friday evening my cousins and their daughter came from Cedar Rapids to have me take their daughter's senior pictures. We did all the indoor shots Friday evening... Shanna did great. She's fun, she's creative, she's very photogenic (which makes things SO much easier!) We took a ton of shots, then wrapped things up around 8:15 and went out for dinner. During all of this, Ryan took Kayson to an ICubs game. Each year my hometown church comes down for a game... some of you may remember the horrible experience we had last year with Kayson. (It didn't go well). So I was nervous about this year... however, Ryan said he did great. Kayson sat with my parents and Trish/Greg and Jill/Jeff and the kids. Ryan enjoyed some the comfort of closer seats given to him by his work... he enjoyed it, but still checked in on Kayson! They had a great time!! We all wrapped up the night around 10:00. Kayson did so well and crashed... and slept til 7:00 this morning. (That's sleeping in for him!)

This morning we wrapped up the senior pictures... we did all the outdoor pics - hitting 3 locations. Again, Shanna did great - we had a lot of fun, even between me sweating! We enjoyed a covered bridge, some water, some geese and some roses... We spent about 3 hours together, and then we were done! I was able to do a quick look through on the pictures... there are some great ones, I hope she's pleased. The rest of the afternoon was spent with Kayson taking a 3.5 hour nap (awesome!), while I cleaned a little and worked on pictures... Ryan did some stuff outside and helped a neighbor with some garage shelving. This evening we got groceries - I can say that we were low on everything... our bill showed it! My sister, Jill and her family were here in DSM (saw the ICubs game Friday and then did some heavy shopping today), they stopped by tonight for a little bit. Kayson and the kids just had a blast. It was past his bedtime, but he did so well - laughing and playing with them. I don't think at one time we all weren't smiling or laughing at him and the kids. Such an awesome feeling.

Now... almost 10:00... I'm sitting... my eyes are heavy. Being nonstop wears me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment