Sunday, August 22, 2010

Lots to say

We had a nice weekend, went too fast, but nice.

Friday Ryan got home from South Dakota around 5 - was wonderful to see him. Friday we enjoyed some time as a family and just hung out.

Saturday was a hectic day... it was our First Annual Block Party for the neighborhood. I was excited... I, along with 2 other gals, planned it... and was hoping for a good turnout and just a good time. We did some grocery shopping in the morning, then played hard with Kayson prepping him for a 3 hour nap! It was a hot day, so we played on the deck with some water buckets. (This was started by Aunt Tina - give him buckets and tupperware full of water and let him go to town!) It's awesome! In the midst of running around, I got bit by a wasp on the top of my left foot (I originally thought it was a bee, but Ryan soon after killed 2 wasps in the yard). Either way, I was stung and it hurt like a SOB!!! (I can say that on the blog right?!) I had tears and it scared me... I called my sister and she asked me questions and told me to take some Benadryl... and if I was allergic, something would have happened pretty much right away. My foot was swollen and red and throbbing... I took some Benadryl and just waited... soaking it with an ice cube. Wow it hurt. Within an hour, it was better - not as sore, but still throbbing... I was feeling better, loopy from the Benadryl but better! Then Saturday evening was the Block Party. We had a great turnout... between the sweating (from everyone) and swatting the bugs away, I do honestly think everyone had a good time. We got to know more people and more faces, which is always nice. I was pleased... and tired by the time the party ended (around midnight). I'd say it was a hit! ;)

Today has been a lazy day. I can say I've felt icky all day - I'm certain it's due to knowing Ryan had to leave again this afternoon... knowing I'll be without him for 5 full evenings is so hard... So I've been 'down' today. Ryan took off around 2:30, so Kayson and I played and did as much as we could inside... then did a WalMart run. That always passes the time pretty well. And I even took him to McDonald's... interesting, I just thought it would be something different. He hate his french fries and a few nuggets... was more interested in looking out the window at the birds and cars. We came home and played some more... and bedtime went well. I just talked to Ryan, so now it's time for me to hit the sack. I sure do pray this week goes well and FAST.

And my foot is just fine today!

Here are some pics from the weekend.
This is Kayson playing with the water... likes to put his face in the water to make bubbles and then the end result him laughing!


Now doesn't this look so sweet? He was watching a movie... so I snapped a few shots... and soon enough I realized he was pooping!!! Still sweet. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Great post!! :) I'm so sorry about your Looong week! We miss Mr. Kayson and you guys a lot! Blair said that yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete