Friday, August 13, 2010

Good... then Ugly

Ryan and I took the afternoon off today to go golf. We have had it planned for a couple weeks... since this was one of the weeks he was going to be in town. I had such a good time golfing at the Taylor Reunion in June, that I wanted to get another round in before summer was over. So we picked a day and ran with it... then it rained on us! It was dry on the way to the course... we got through the 1st hole, then it started to sprinkle... I'm thinking "I can handle this"... then the sprinkle became a good rain. My hair was soaked and my white tank top was becoming wet... not pretty! We continued to play... a couple times finding a tree to block some of the horizontal rain. We laughed about it... and stuck it out. By the 7th hole, it was clearing up and we finished with the sun... the warm sun. Perfect timing for that! I'd rather play in the rain and cooler temps then blazing hot sun. We had a nice time... a nice little 'date' for us.

I then picked Kayson up... he was crying when I picked him up from daycare... I hate that feeling. I wonder then if something happened, is he just sad, is he tired, is he not being paid attention to? Once we got in the car, he was fine... however, then we got home and he started whining again. Ryan and I are having a hard time with this whining... it's pretty much constant anymore. That's tough. Tough on us. Tough on Kayson. I wish we understood the whining.

We decided to go out for dinner tonight... not sure why we thought that would work, but we tried it... and he actually did well. He didn't eat, but he did well. We walked around the pond at Jordan Creek feeding the ducks and fish... Kayson absolutely loved that. We even got some ice cream. Then we got home and this is where the 'ugly' started. Kayson's awful clingy to me... he doesn't want Ryan to do much with him - always saying no to him if Ryan asks a question... and we wanted to give him some medicine (thinking he might not feel well b/c he's so whiny??) and he gagged when Ryan gave it to him... so we took a break and I tried it and he did just fine. I know that hurts Ryan. It hurts me too... I don't want Kayson to only cling to me... He loves his Dadda, and Ryan knows that, it's just hard to comprehend sometimes. Kayson was all upset so bedtime came early tonight... I sure hope he sleeps well and tomorrow is a better day of him wanting Dadda. That makes me sad.

Oh the challenges every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment