Sunday, May 10, 2009

Wonderful Sunday

I have so much to be thankful for and so much to tell about today... what a wonderful Sunday.

Kayson was baptised today in the United Presbyterian Church of Clarion - where I grew up and was baptised. It has meant a lot to me to have Kayson baptised, and I'm so thankful that we did it this way. Kayson slept through most of the church service, then it was our time to go up front... I held him (and boy he got heavy!), but slept through the "We do's" and the blessings, then Pastor Bill took him to bless him with the holy water - and he woke up. (No fussin'!) It was awesome - it was like he knew exactly what we going on then... very cool! Bill did a wonderful job - amazing. Kayson is truly a blessing and God is here to protect him and guide him.

Following the church service, we all went out to my parent's farm for lunch. A house full of about 20 people and we had a great time. We were lucky enough to have Ryan's parents and brother, Blair & Martina join us as well.


Here's a pic from the baptism.

And to top that awesome event - it was my first Mother's Day. It did kind of get lost in the shuffle of things today, but when we finally got home - Ryan and I stopped for a moment and hugged and that's all I needed. He wished me "Happy Mother's Day" and gave me a certificate to pamper myself at the Spa at West Glen. (Great spot for massages!) Anyway - I had a perfect day and am so glad I'm a mom now!

No comments:

Post a Comment