Sunday, March 23, 2014

Weekend

Friday
Dinner out at El Rodeo...  we are getting a little more brave about going out.  Cora's getting a LITTLE better...  eh.  Kinda.  It was a fine trip.  The rest of the night was cleaning a little... and that's about it. 

Saturday
Up and at 'em early.  Gosh, getting up early on a weekend just plain stinks!!  So we started our day!  Ryan went to work... the kids and I went up to Ankeny to watch Eden and Lindsay play in the State AAU VB tourney.  Our goal was to stick around until lunch time... then head home, and we were successful.  Kayson did great... he sat nicely, watched a little... then somehow talked Ashley into letting him have her phone.  Oh electronics!!!  Cora was BUSY.  She did fine for about the first 45 minutes - acting shy.  Yah, not sure where she gets that!  Then she was comfortable... really.  She wanted to climb up and down the bleachers...  walk around... run a little... eat some...  busy girl.  It was all fine, but I do wish I would have been able to actually WATCH the girls play!  Oh well.  I had a nice time.  Ryan was able to come watch a bit too, so that was super nice.  We had a quick lunch on our way home...  

Naps were taken...  then JeanAnn and I ran to the mall to return some items that I bought - the pants for Kayson.  Yah, they didn't work - way too big and too long.  But the size smaller is too short.  REALLY??!?!  I can't possibly have the only little boy that's tall and SKINNY!  Anyway, we shopped a little... and quickly my kids had Easter outfits thanks to Grandma!  ;)  Way cute stuff.  

Saturday evening, Ryan and I headed back up to Ankeny to hang out with our friends Jamie and Travis - they host a Bunco night every year.  (Last year we missed).  It's a good turn out - great food - great fun. We walked away losers, but that's ok.  I had a good time. 

Sunday
A day at home... laundry, cleaning and playing.  Again, we were up early - but Cora actually took a morning nap.  She was just out of control whiny by 9:00...  I layed her down, she cried for about 3 minutes... and slept over an hour and a half!  And she took an afternoon nap!  Tired, growing girl?!?!

Tonight I did get out and have dinner with Nicky and Nikki.  It was a nice dinner... lots of kid talk, realizing our kids are growing up so darn fast.  

Here are some camera pictures of the weekend.
with my nieces, Lindsay & Eden

My babies.  Growing way too fast.  

K & Eden

The girls at Bunco!

No comments:

Post a Comment