Thursday, March 20, 2014

Kayson & His Girlfriend(s)

Kayson has had his little girlfriend, Riley, for years now...  they have been together at daycare for literally 5 years... starting together at 12 weeks old (she's just about 3 weeks younger than K).  We've seen Riley grow up just like Kayson... and she is a really sweet little girl.  It's not very often you get hugs from another child from daycare... I do, and I love it!!! 

Well, we've learned that Kayson is a little 'player'.  He's always played with the little girls... always been their friends, etc.  He's recently been fond of another little girl, Adalyn.  Adalyn recently got her hair chopped off - it was probably down to her waist, and now it's a cute little bob.  (by far - the cutest little thing I've seen!)  Anyway, this was a conversation that Kayson and I had last week:

Kayson: I’m going to marry Adalyn now.
Me: Why’s that?  What happened to Riley?
Kayson: Adalyn’s hair is pretty.
Me: Well Riley’s hair is pretty too hun… she wears hers in a ponytail a lot huh?
Kayson: If she’d let her hair down, I’d marry her then. 

Where do they get this stuff?!?! 

So I proceeded to tell Riley's mom about my conversation... and this is the 'deep' conversation that her and Riley had a few days later:

Riley: Kayson is going to marry Adalyn now because he likes her better for now.
Me: Oh, are you ok with that? I know you and Kayson have been planning your wedding for a long time.
Riley: I’m ok... Kayson will get bored with Adalyn in a few days and then he will be my boyfriend again.
Me: Ok... so are you just going to wait for him?
Riley: Yes.

OMG!  :)  I love it... I giggle...  a tear comes to my eyes too.  These kids.  The stories we have to tell!!!  What makes me sad is starting in August, these two will not be together every day...  I really hope we can keep in touch with Riley!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment