Thursday, March 20, 2014

This Week

Seems like it's been a long week...  

It's Spring Break for a lot of kids... and it shows at work too.  All the parents of those kids are off as well!  Which this is one nice thing -- this means there's hardly anyone on the roads in the morning - so my commute to work is AWESOME!  :)  But with that...  it's super quiet at work, which has it's benefits, but also some draw-backs.  I'm heavy into big projects... but I can't get much done, if I get 'stuck'.  So... it just seems like it's been a long week!!  

I had lunch with my friend Katie today.  She used to work with me... and we've kept in touch, which I'm thankful for.  We had such a nice lunch...  nice to get away... nice to see her!

We've enjoyed some fairly decent weather this week... still a little brisk, but it's getting better.  Tonight the kids and I were able to be outside for awhile and not freeze.  The sun was nice and warm.  Kayson and I played a little baseball - he did pretty well...  and Cora just walked around holding a soccer ball and wearing Kayson's bike helmet.  Yes - weird.  :)

Tonight we had our friend, Whitney, stop by...  she used to be a teacher at daycare and we've continued to keep in touch.  It was so nice to have her here for a short while.  The kids did great and let Ryan, Whitney and I just chit-chat.  Good evening.

We ended up getting Kayson a few more pants.  He's been looking like he's going to a flood for weeks now... so I broke down and bought a few pants.  He'll need them on Spring/Summer evenings... so it's a fine purchase.  Now we just wait for them to arrive. 

I've started looking at bedding and decorations for Kayson's room.  I'm really wanting to move along at updating this space.  It's my goal.  :)  

That's all I've got.  I'll get the camera out this weekend...  we've got some things planned for Saturday... and hopefully a relaxing Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment