Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pictures

My family.  My loves.  Not very often is it that BOTH kids are sitting with Daddy (or me)... and Kayson hopped up, then Cora wanted up.  PICTURE TIME.  I don't even care that Kayson's making a face - I love it.  :)  (Goal - get a family picture soon!)

Who's handsome???  Yes, Kayson is.  He's growing.  Growing up.  At the age of 5 he really gets things now... and I love it.  I also love that when he gives hugs to me - he really hugs.  He means it.  He knows what it means, and how good it feels to be hugged.  I love that.  He's got a sensitive side to him (which I suppose we could think that's kind of being a wuss), but I like it too.  We watched "Frozen" last night and he got a little teary eyed when Elsa and Ana hug and 'thaw' everything...  it's so sweet to see him have feelings like that.  Amazing.

Cora's first (and potentially only) ponytail.  :)  She let me do this one evening last week... and it lasted about 5 minutes.  I thought that was pretty good!  Her hair is a mess... it's long, it's a mullet, it's straight and really not that cute.  (If I hear someone say it's cute - I really don't believe them!) ha.  Anyway, I struggle with what to do with it - if she was a boy - it would be buzzed off in 2 seconds!!!  BUT - we can't do that.  :)  So... we just wait and see what happens.  I may talk with Lacey and she if she suggests anything...  eeeh!

She loves being outside.  This picture was from a decent night last week... Daddy was grilling and the kids were enjoyed the weather too.  She loves to do anything Kayson does - so he was in a chair, so she got in a chair too.  Cora's really talking (babbling) a lot lately...  it's so sweet, fun and frustrating at the same time!  I'm ready for real words... but then that means she's getting bigger.  (and...see her bad hair?!?!)

Things have been going well lately...  Kayson's working on his 'graduation' songs at school.  He talks about it all the time.  He's back to being Riley's boyfriend.  :)  He's been having good days.    Cora, too, has been pretty good...  she's getting an eye-tooth which has been bothering her.  Tonight she had a messy diaper and her bottom was fire-engine red.  It was so sore!!!  So... we are watching that... doing drops in her ears (just in case) and Orajel for her teeth.  We'll get through it...  it's usually bad for about a week, so I hope we are in the middle of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment