Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Tonight

We are on night 3 of Ryan being gone...  (just found out he'll be home tomorrow night - YEA!)...  but so far, this week with the kids has been really good.  Kayson's done really well for me...  a few outbursts [that's my nice way of him talking back/getting wound up!].  He's played really well - he's had quiet time really well - and has went to bed for me really well too.  All of those things add up to a successful few nights. 

Cora has been good too...  fighting a terrible cough.  This morning when I dropped her off at school, I was hesitant.  She was fussy... and a tad warm too.  I told the teachers just to watch her...  we almost made it the entire day.  At 2:50, I got the call.  Cora was warm and 'shaky'.  I didn't understand the shaky part...  they explained that she just wanted to be held and her arms and legs were twitching.  I got nervous, but the more we talked, we realized she was probably cold, but warm (due to the fever).  She sometimes gets a little 'nervous' when she wakes in the morning... so I wasn't TOO worried, but I knew that I needed to get her home.  I picked the kids up... and she was a mess.  Oh my goodness - she looked TERRIBLE --> red face, warm, snotty nose, messy hair... and such a sad face.  Poor thing.  

We got home... and literally just sat on the floor and watched Kayson play.  She did really well - she ended up playing a little...  being happy for a short time, then not happy too.  We made it through.  I'm hoping she sleeps well, and we'll get into the doctor tomorrow afternoon.  I need to get that cough checked out... hope she's not croupy.  

Anyway, that's all I've got.  I'm tired...  and I'm just going to relax tonight.  Here's to a better tomorrow for Cora May.

No comments:

Post a Comment