Sunday, January 26, 2014

Good Weekend

Quiet time has started here... kids are resting (we'll see how long Cora rests though - she can barely do 2 hours) :(  dogs are snoring, Ryan's reading the paper, and I'm sitting.  Awesome.  I should take a nap myself, but nah...  We did sleep til 8 this morning!  Cora even slept til 8:30!!!

Saturday was a nice day as well.  Kayson started swim lessons again.  This time we are trying Lifetime Fitness in West DSM.  Since we aren't members of the Y, we had a hard time getting in (during times that 'worked' for us). Kayson was excited to go...  but once it was time to get in the water - he was hesitant this time.  There are some major positives of this session - he's only got 3 kids in his little group, which I think is great.  He can get some 1 on 1 attention.  However, with him being nervous, it didn't go all that well this time.  I hope it's just cuz it was a different place and different people.  He did say the water was freezing.  I know that's no fun.

Anyway, the rest of the day, we just hung out!  Mike and JeanAnn came up and took Kayson to the movie, Frozen.  Cora and us just played at home... it was nice.  Saturday night (after they were back from the movie), Ryan and I went out for dinner just us, while Papa and Grandma stayed with the kids.  We tried a couple different places, but it was more than an hour wait at all of them... (I guess we don't go out often enough to remember that!)  So we landed at John & Nick's in Waukee - only a 30 minute wait!  We sat at the bar and just enjoyed ourselves... and had an amazing meal.  I was more than stuffed!  It was a good couple hours out.

In the mean time, Saturday afternoon, I was notified (through Facebook postings), that my ex's two nieces (sisters) were killed in a car accident.  They were 19 and 15...  too young... tragic.   It made me stop a couple times, and is still on my mind some today...  I knew the girls (they were young, very young) when I was in that family.  It really makes you think how life can end that quickly.

Anyway, today we slept in, like I said... which was great!  We've played and played.  Tonight I'm going out with Nikki and Nicky for some dinner... something we've had planned for 2 months.  And more talk of another terrible cold front coming through.  I am pretty sure I'm ready for Spring!!

I only have pictures of Cora this time.  K wasn't having it this weekend!  ha.
We tried a 'bow' and she's starting to get used to it.  She now looks like a girl!  ha.
She loves to get into the LEGO 'box' and have you fill it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment