Wednesday, January 8, 2014

This & That

  • I think I should add to my goals for 2014 to blog more.  I feel like I don't get on here as often as I used to...  I'm chalking it up to having two kiddos now!  I'm exhausted by 9pm.  :)
  • Tonight Kayson and I went to WalMart.  We needed to get birthday gifts for Tate and his little girlfriend, Riley; plus other 'stuff'.  What could have taken me about 20 minutes, literally took us an hour.  Oh he slows me down!  ha.  But overall, he did pretty well...  but once we were home (and it was way late), he was pissed it was time for shower and bed.  
  • One of our burners on our stove isn't working.  Weird.  I don't think I've ever had that happen.  Ryan might attempt to fix this on his own.  
  • My throat is better.  My neck and back (and head) was sore on Monday, so I went to the chiropractor - explained to her that I had a terrible sore throat... she proceeded to try an 'all-day' acupuncture treatment on me.  Instead of the acupuncture needles for 30 minutes, she inserted small pins in four spots covered by bandaids.  [Some people, including my husband, think it's crazy!]  Anyway... I am willing to try it!  So...  Tuesday she wanted to see me again...  this time we did full 30 minutes acupuncture and a good adjustment (and a nap for me!).  Today, I feel great.  Now, I'm not saying that this 'fixed' my sore throat.  I did take some nasal spray and some motrin to 'kick' the pain a little...  basically it was my sinuses draining down to my throat making it sore and swollen.  So with all of that and (giving it some time), my throat and sinuses are better.  Success. 
  • I haven't gotten my camera out in awhile.  Cora refuses to sit or stand in one spot for a picture, so I guess pictures will have to wait!!  
  • Kayson's class at school is starting to limit naps...  typical naps are from noonish til 2:30 (I think)... they are now limiting to 1 hour.  So far, he's done okay. They need to get used to it - because in 9 months, there will be no naps.  I'm fine with this, he IS 5.  Not very many 5 year olds take naps, but we've been lucky!  (I think it shows that we chose the right daycare/school for our kids - routine, structure and lots of learning).  We will still offer the nap (as long as he wants) at home on the weekends... I feel like he still needs them. 
  • Cora's been eating better at school.  According to her daily gram, she's eating some fruits and veggies.  Success!  She won't do it for us, but if she's eating at school, I'm happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment