Sunday, January 19, 2014

Love/Hate Relationship

I have a love/hate relationship with Sundays.  
Typically we don't have much going on for Sundays, which is nice...  even better this week - I have tomorrow off, so that's super nice.  I am going to spend the day with Lacey, and I can't wait!!  But most Sundays, our kids are crabby, sick of us, we are sick of them, and they don't listen!  [Nice huh?!?!]

Cora has been, let's call it, a cry baby.  Today, she literally cried all day.  She didn't eat much, she napped terribly, she whined (oh she whined), and rarely got a smile out of her.  This makes me SO sad.  Kayson had trouble listening...  both at lunch and supper, we had complete meltdowns.  At lunch, I had a meltdown too!  [Call me a cry baby too!]  It was one of those moments when NOTHING was going right.  I had two kids crying, Cora throwing things off her tray (which she does A LOT), Ryan and I are hollering (which I know we need to get better at) and all I kept thinking was "I just want my kids happy today!!!!"  Tears for me.  

So this Sunday was not fun... not going to lie!  :)  Tonight got a little better...  after Kayson's meltdown at supper, he finally asked for his supper (at about 7:15), so Ryan warmed that up... and he did pretty well the rest of the night.  Cora went to bed much better tonight than she has in weeks.  She's still not sleeping well through the night... it's like she cries in her sleep too!!  Oh lord!  :)

.............

Yesterday (Saturday), on the other hand, was great.  We watched Tate for a couple hours while Blair and Martina did some errands...  the kids actually played great.  Only one 'fit' from both K and Tate and that was at the end of the night.  Otherwise, they did awesome. I love having Tate here - he is so fun and has such a great little personality.  Blair and Martina stuck around through supper, so that was nice...  just hanging with them for awhile.  Ashley even visited for a couple hours too.  So Saturday was great!  :)  Too bad we can't erase today!  ha. 

Anyway, I did take some pictures over the last few days...  
Proud big brother.  He really is good with his sister. 
C found Tate's sunglasses and wore them for over 30 minutes.  :)
Cora, Uncle Blair & Tate
We can get a TINY pony in Cora's hair.  Hilarious.  And she hated it.
Tate playing football.  His softie was his 'towel'.

No comments:

Post a Comment