Monday, January 27, 2014

Overwhelming Emotions

As the day as gone by, I'm more full of random emotions than ever.  It's been one of those days.  

We were just informed by some close friends that they have lost their unborn child.  These people are amazingly patient and have to go through the in vitro process.  So not going into any more detail - they've been through enough and it breaks my heart that this didn't happen for them.   Tears.

As I spoke an my last post - my ex's nieces were killed in a car accident Saturday.  Yes, this is heavy on my heart.  And as the day as passed, there's been more and more Facebook information and local news stuff mentioning the accident and details.  Again, it breaks my heart to know that family is breaking and will never see their young girls, cousins, nieces, granddaughters again.  Squeeze your children!

Kayson had a complete meltdown tonight...  We actually aren't even really sure what triggered it, but it happened, and it happened BIG!  We did really well at keeping our 'cool' and somewhat 'ignoring' the situation, but also talking it out...  Of course, the outburst shouldn't have lasted more than 1 minute, but we got through it.  Again, emotions - frustration, patience and proud (that we survived!) at the same time. 

A friend then turned to me to talk this afternoon...  she and her husband are struggling/not happy.  This, too, breaks my heart.  (how many times have I said that!?!)  

As I write, Ryan and I are giggling at the show 'Hollywood Game Night'.  We laughed at the kids tonight.  We specifically laughed at Cora tonight as she ate and ate and ate.  ha.  (She still doesn't eat all that well, but tonight she did!)  Ryan enjoyed quiet time with Cora reading books, while I wrangled and bathed Kayson (all during his meltdown).  So yes, we've had an interesting day/night.  

I hope we all sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment