Saturday, January 18, 2014

Cora Update

Since Wednesday's coughing and getting Cora early from daycare... I stayed home with her on Thursday.  She definitely wasn't feeling right.  She had a super runny nose... terrible cough, and low fever.  I got her into the doctor just to get her checked out.  My gut was 'virus'.  But the result was a double ear infection.  So that ear stuff was causing all the other bad stuff.  Poor girl.  So... we started ear drops again... and I can see a difference already.  I need to get better at just doing the drops more often just to maybe prevent...?  Either way, her ears are starting to drain, which they should... she still has the cough, but I can tell it's loosen up, and no fever!  So... we are on the mend.  I'm glad we are in the weekend! 

Thursday we had all that blowing snow come through...  with me staying home with Cora, K was at school.  We headed out at my normal time to get him... and the roads were TERRIBLE!  I'm so thankful that I have an AWD car!  I saw so many people not getting up hills or making corners, etc... I know I (and anyone else) can't do anything about ice, but it definitely does help a little to have that AWD.  So the trip to and from daycare was LONG!  But not as long as Ryan's drive home from Kansas.  He had said he should be home around 5:30/6:00...  but with a call at 5:15, he was at a stand-still on I80.  After hearing reports on the news and radio - there was a 25 car pile-up of accidents.  Oh Man!  Ryan (and his two co-workers) were at a stand-still for nearly 2 hours!!  I literally would have went crazy!  ha.  

Anyway, everyone got home safely...  

I'm glad it's the weekend...  Today Tate is coming to play for awhile, so that'll be fun for the kiddos.  It's a 3 day weekend for me, which I'm thrilled about!  :)

More to come with pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment