Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Miss Cora

Oh Miss Cora May.  

She's changing so much...  changing the way she looks, changing the way she reaches and grabs for everything now, changing how she rolls and rolls, changing how she gets PISSED off when she's hungry and doesn't want to burp, and changing how she doesn't sleep through the night now.  BOOHOO.  The last one - I seem to think that's the most important to talk about right now.  :)

That little stinker.  Last Thursday (so 5 days ago), she woke in the middle of the night.  (She has not done this since her being 5 weeks old and a couple days at 2 months old due to a cold.)  I passed the time with her pacifier... and we were good...  for a couple hours.  She woke again and was hungry.  WHAT??!?  So I fed her.  Of course.  :)  

Every night since then, she's been getting up...  almost like she's restless.  She's been getting out of her swaddle (and I make that thing TIGHT!)  So we are feeding her.  I don't know if it's the right thing to do???  She's probably growing, right?!  But 5 nights later, she's STILL doing it...  bums me out.  Ryan has been a great help, but still, we are tired!!  Last night (New Year's Eve), she went down around 8:30...  woke a little after midnight (hungry), and then woke again at 5 am!!!  I'm just in shock!  

So...  tonight I'm hoping writing this all out jinxes it!!! and she'll sleep her 9 hours!!  

Moving on...  tonight we did her first oatmeal feeding.  (Maybe this will help the sleeping problem!?) Anyway, it went really well.  I thought she did great.  She seemed interested!  We'll do this again once a night for a couple months, I think, and go from there.  



No comments:

Post a Comment