Monday, December 31, 2012

This and That & 2012 In Review

Some babbling needs to occur here before I post about our final Christmas celebration...  (that happened this past weekend - the Taylor gang).  I don't have any pictures uploaded yet, so I'll do that tomorrow on my day off.

Moving on.
  • Miss Cora has been waking in the middle of the night...  yuk yuk.  This has been super hard on us...  she has slept through the night since Week 5 and wow, this is an adjustment.  We've tried the paci thing... thinking she's just out of sorts, but she's HUNGRY.  Pissed hungry.  ha.  YAWN.
  • It's New Years Eve... already.  Seems kind of crazy actually.  We are having some friends over tonight, so that'll be nice.
  • Speaking of New Years --- any resolutions out there that you want to share?  I have been thinking about it...  but the only one that I should really do is the working out thing.  I say it every year, and sometimes I do it, sometimes I don't.  I'm not consistent, and I should be.  I have a FREE workout center here at work...  why don't I use it???  The answer is - pure lazyiness. 
  • With the holidays, we've all been kind of whack.  With the traveling, with K and I having the flu, now some of us are getting over head colds...  and just sleeping in some days, then the next day we have to get up and do the work/daycare thing...  we need to get back into a routine.  As much as I hate the thought of having to work a FULL 5 day week (really!?!?), I think we all need it. 
  • Obviously Kayson is 4 now... so his daycare bill went down.  Like $8 a week.  haha.  It makes me laugh.  But I guess it's better than nothing.
  • Both Ryan and I got some cash for Christmas this year...  I'm holding onto mine to make a black riding boot purchase.  A while back I got skinny jeans (and thought for sure I would return them), well, I like them...  :)  but want some black boots to go with them. 
  • I start volleyball in a couple weeks.  I'm so out of shape, it's going to be ROUGH and UGLY, but I'm looking forward to seeing some of my VB friends again.

and I'm stealing this from a friend, Jessica.
2012 In Review

January - we announced to everyone Baby #2 would be joining the Taylor family!
February - Kayson realized he was going to be a big brother and life changed - accidents happened and lots of attitude started! ;)
March - we got Kayson into an extracurricular sport through West DSM, he loved it!  Baby #2 is a Baby Girl!! 
April - we took Kayson to the Omaha Zoo and enjoyed beautiful April weather! 
May - the Play Area in the basement was complete!  We enjoyed more outdoor weather and lots of family/friend time.
June - we celebrated 5 Years of marriage...  and Kayson's first dentist appointment.
July - Baby Girl's room was nearly completed, while having some 'scares' with pregnancy.
August - 8 days later than expected, our beautiful Cora May arrived!
September - enjoyed every week of maternity leave...  lot of visitors too!
October - Kayson got a BIG bed!  and became a really funny kid - and figured out it was ok that he had a sister now! 
November - back to work I went. 
December - enjoyed the holidays with family and friends, celebrated K's 4th birthday and topped it off with lots of snow already, in one short month!

No comments:

Post a Comment