Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December = Anxiety for me!

It's December.  ALREADY. 
December makes me a little crazy...  I'm antsy.  There is just not enough time in the day anymore.  We have a list of things that need to be done and bought. 
  1. Kayson's birthday party (on the 16th) --- Need to purchase the following:  a gift (might be nice to have a gift from his parents!), birthday cake, food and drinks for the party.  Need to do before then:  CLEAN CLEAN and CLEAN some more.  The baseboards need to be wiped down...  the kitchen floor needs to be scrubbed, on my hands.and.knees type scrub...  furniture needs to be moved and vacuumed under... crap needs to be thrown or organized - I don't care which one!  :)  Things need to be moved...  two kids compile a lot of stuff...  especially with a big beautiful tree up too!  I just feel like the house needs to be picked up better and look nice when hosting 18 people!
  2. Christmas gifts --- Need to be purchased!!!  Tomorrow night, Ryan and I are going to make a Toys R Us run (or wherever our hearts desire) to finish up Kayson (and Cora).  Poor girl, she's not getting much... don't have 1 thing for her!  We can finish K up, then move onto the next things to buy.
    • Finish up Eden, Lindsay & Lil Ryan. Hope & Ash are done. Tate is done.
    • Start Daycare teachers - thanks to Pinterest I have a ton of ideas, just need to pick one and DO IT!
    • Purchase the adult gift cards for the Taylor side.  I know EASY PEASY, just need to do it!
    • Purchase for Mike. One more thing for Blair. Martina & JeanAnn are done. 
    • Finish up Ryan.  Oh what does that man want or need!?!?  :)
    • Print off pictures of our family for some extended family members we don't see often.
    • Print off pictures of Hardy Grandkids for my parents.
    • There's probably more...  :)
    • WRAP.
  3. Christmas Cards --- I'm waiting patiently for our family photos to be edited.  Photographer said she hopes to have them done by early next week... once I have them, I'll get those suckers on a Xmas card, order them, wait some more and send them out.  Friends & Family - you might not be getting them til really close to Christmas!  :)
  4. Travelling --- I'm trying to decide when we'll go to Clarion for Xmas...  this year, we are doing the immediate Taylor Christmas the weekend after, which is AWESOME by the way!  So now we need to decide when we'll go to Clarion.  Traditionally we are wanting to be home for K's birthday, but I just don't know if we will be (at least in the morning like the past).  My sisters have to work on Xmas Eve, so that limits us.  Last year, we literally saw my entire family for less than 2 hours.  NOT FUN.  I'm just torn...  wanting to give Kayson what he wants/needs for his special day, but also wanting to see my family.   
Did you notice that almost all of this stuff that needs to be done costs money!?!?  Boo hiss.
I wish I had more personal time to take...  then I would have made Ryan take a day off and we could have shopped in one day...  next year.  Next year we WILL do that.  :)

I also think I said this last year -- I really should do shopping earlier...  but I really am not in the mood any earlier than November...  Plus usually in November, that's when great ideas come out for kiddos or better deals happen.  So I wait... and I complain.  Don't you love that?!

So here's to more anxiety, while I sit at work... stewing and thinking about what needs to be done!!  teeehheee!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment