Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Last 4 Days

It's been a whirlwind the last 4 days.  We've been nonstop, have had lots of fun and lots of laughs, have gotten sick, and have traveled. 

Here's the story.

SATURDAY
Saturday afternoon/evening, we spent our time at a hotel conference room for the extended Taylor Family Christmas.  It's a blast... lots of food, lots of fun.  The kids have a great time, and so do the adults.  :)  Kayson was so good...  just following around the big kids, wanting to do the things they do, and just being a boy.  We had a great supper...  gifts were had and even a little family games.  It was fun!  We stayed out WAY late (getting home around 12:30 am), with a kid still awake - yes, Kayson!  

Here are some great shots from Saturday evening.
Taylor's!

Grand Kids & Great-Grand Kids
Got in the pool for awhile.
Cora's few gifts.
Here's some of the fun!
SUNDAY
Sunday morning we slept in...  which was great...  then we headed up to Clarion.   We got to Trish & Greg's... played a little and then I got sick.  I had felt like I had to go to the bathroom for a couple hours, but never could go...  around 5 pm, I got sick - vomitting and just not feeling well AT ALL.  It was terrible.  I haven't had the flu forEVER, so was wondering if it was just something I ate.  After my sickness, we needed to head out to the farm...  we were going to hang out with everyone and just order pizza in.  (Of course, I wasn't going to eat a darn thing now).  I layed down in a bedroom...  and stayed there, while everyone had a great time.  UNTIL... Kayson came to find me and said his stomach hurt... and within 10 seconds, he was puking too.  OMG.  I didn't even know what to do.  I was wiped out and still not feeling well...  Ryan came rushing in, and we got everything handled.  Poor kid.  He was as white as a ghost.  Man, I felt even more terrible...    The two of us layed in bed ALL NIGHT LONG...  Ryan took care of us... thankful for him.  By Monday morning we were on the mend - still very, very tired and just feeling blah.
Frosted cookies at Tricia's (before getting sick!)

MONDAY
We got up and started our day...  Kayson was still pretty 'blah' and just super tired and whiny.  He took it easy, doing a lot of laying around...  He took a nice long nap, then he was much better.  I was feeling ok...  no appetite and just worn out.  It sucked!

That afternoon everyone came out to the farm.  We hung out and played... and opened gifts for our little family.  We had a really nice time.  The gifts were great, of course. 
Santa brought him a combine!!! 
More John Deere stuff... cool sweatshirt!
A few things for Cora - Boots (cuz she walks!)  haha... and a cute Owl hat!

We went to Christmas Eve service at my family's church, which was very nice... then to Trish's for snacky food and more fun.  

We finally headed out the door around 9pm.  Got the kids in their Christmas jammies and loaded them up!  They were both asleep within minutes of being on the road. 

TUESDAY
Merry Christmas to you all!!!  and Happy Birthday to our fiesty little boy!  It was nice being home this morning...  we slept in (again) - I could get used to that!  So, it was a great day at home...  very blessed to be with my little family and celebrate K's birthday.  We are very blessed.

So... a whirlwind of 4 days...  A lot happened, that's for sure!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment