Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful, of course.

It's Sunday... Sunday night after a 4 day wonderful weekend.  
We had a nice long weekend...  on the go, but it was nice... and nice to be with our families. 

Wednesday evening we headed up to Clarion... prepping to eat all day long on Thursday.  We had a great time, we did our "Grandkid" pictures for my parents...  always, ALWAYS such fun.  I've said it before, I've never met 5 'big' kids that LOVE doing this.  Even Kayson somewhat enjoys it, cuz he loves to look up to his big cousins.  Now we just hope Cora grows up to love the picture taking as well! 

Friday we were home... well, Ryan and Mike (and some others from Creston) headed over to the last Iowa football game.  (Glad it's the last one...!!!!)  I think Ryan is too - we are hoping to erase the bad games/season and start a new season next year!   We didn't do much of anything... JeanAnn spent the day with us... her and Kayson did a few errands in the morning...  but that's about it.  It was a lazy day at home!

Saturday morning we headed down to Creston and Diagonal.  We spent the afternoon and evening with Ryan's extended family...  we haven't seen most of them in months, so we had a nice time.  The kids have a complete blast...  Kayson was wiped out!!  Great food, great company... lots of laughs. 

Today we headed back home around lunch time.  The Christmas tree and other decorations are up and I'm loving it.  It surely makes me 'in the holiday spirit'.  I love it.  (but have lots of shopping to do!!)

Moving on to what I'm thankful for.  I haven't been doing the 'daily' thankful stuff that some people do on Facebook...  it's nice to see some of the fun things that people think of (after the important stuff, like family, friends, health and roof over your head).  I, of course, am thankful for all of those important things...  plus more.  We are blessed with two beautiful children... and a great marriage.  We surely have ups and downs with kids and the marriage thing, but I am more happy and blessed than I ever have been before (and I can compare to about 10 years ago!)  Other things I'm thankful for today are: the smiles of my kids, the laugh of my husband, the laugh of my father in law, the thoughtfulness of my in laws, the role models that my sisters are to me, the respect I have and have learned from my parents, the friendships of certain family members and friendships that I've made over the years (and the ones I've had for 34 years!).  I'm thankful for lights, water, heat (and air conditioning), soap, hair products, clothes, makeup, our vehicles, our home, health, ice cream & strawberries, and the ability to take photos for memories.

Here are some specific photos I'm thankful for:
Nieces & Nephew on Hardy side
Priceless - the Boys
My pretty girl (in her white onesie!)  ha!
My BIG boy!
My little family.
Nephew Tater.

No comments:

Post a Comment