Sunday, November 4, 2012

Our Weekend

We've had a nice weekend...  nice weekend at home, just the 4 of us.  I think it was just what I needed knowing that when I look at the month of November and December from here on out - it's FULL every single weekend! 

Saturday morning, the kiddos and I went to the mall...  we hit the book store and spent lots of time there while Cora napped and Kayson looked at books and played with the train set.  Then we moved on to the play area.  Typically Kayson lasts about 5 minutes (it seems)...  this time, he played and played for about 25 minutes I bet...  using his imagination and just laughing and running around.  There weren't many kids there at the time, so it was perfect. 

Later that afternoon, I took a break and went to the mall alone...  dress pants and jeans were on my list of thing to buy.  I didn't want to, but it was a MUST.  I can only SQUEEZE into 2 pairs of dress pants (they aren't comfortable at all)...  and jeans - I just have one pair that work, and they aren't the nicest looking pair.  I made my list go away - got 2 dress pants, and 2 pairs of jeans.  And to top it off, I went completely out of my box and bought a pair of skinny jeans and boots.  I have them home and have tried them on twice and I'm not sure if I'll keep them.  I want to keep them and wear them and be stylish, but I'm just not sure if it's 'me'. Anyway, either way - I have something to wear for work, so I am pleased.  :)

Saturday night we went to El Rodeo (Kayson's choice).  He's addicted to the chips and cheese - think he's our son for sure.  :)  Ryan and I had some drinks, it was just what I needed to end the night!

Today we've just hung out...  great day to just be inside with my kiddos.  Kayson's been so good lately...  happy kid.  Cora's been great too.  We are adjusting some things with her - giving her less for a bottle (I know, weird), but she's been spitting up quite a bit, so we cut her back to 5 oz. or so.  It seems to be helping.  She's also just changing a lot - lots of awake time and us really knowing when she's tired and ready for a rest.  She's a wonderful baby.


Here's a couple pics. 
Wish Cora didn't have that paci hanging out of her mouth!
Look at her looking at Kayson... so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment