Thursday, August 23, 2012

Worth the Wait

Cora May Taylor made her grand appearance Monday, August 20 at 10:07 am... she weighed in at 7 lbs 11 oz (same as her big brother Kayson!), and was 19 1/2 inches long.  She's beautiful and perfect.  :)

As you all know, I was scheduled to be induced Monday morning at 7:30...  everything was planned, we were all at ease and were ready.  Late Sunday night (around 11:30 or so), I woke up to go to the bathroom and my water starting leaking.  At first, I didn't know what it was...  just thought I really had to pee A LOT.  Soon enough it happened again, and again...  I knew it was my water.  

Our friend, Colleen, was called to come stay with Kayson until Grandma & Papa Taylor could get here.  Ryan and I headed out the door to the hospital around 12:20 am.  I was experiencing some contractions by then... and the closer we got to the hospital, they became more and more frequent and stronger.  This baby obviously couldn't wait 6 more hours.  ha.

We were checked in...  I was at a 4 and contractions were 3 minutes apart, lasting a good 45 seconds to a minute.  By 1:45 am, I got the epidural and was at a 7.  FAST.  Then...  like with Kayson, I stayed at a 7 for about 4 hours.  BIG BUMMER, but apparently this is just what the epidural does to me.  Pitocin was started around 7:00 am to get the contractions started again...  from there, everything went kind of fast.  Dr. Kemp showed up around 8:45 am - Pitocin was turned off and the epidural was turned off too.  I began to push around 9:10 am or so... and Cora was born at 10:07 am... with a beautiful cry. 

With all the waiting over the past couple weeks, having Cora here is a miracle and blessing.  She was definitely worth the wait.  We love her so much.

We are home and settled... and things are going well.  

Kayson is doing well with Cora...  he helps (so far), he talks to her, he doesn't mind giving her a kiss and worries when she cries.  Kayson's going to daycare, which is good for him...  we have only been home one evening, and bedtime was a tad of a struggle for him, but we will get through it.  He knows things are different, but he'll be fine.  We all will be.  
Here are some recent pictures of our beautiful family.   More to come.

Proud brother!

All snug, ready to go home!

3 comments:

  1. Love the new pictures as a family of 4! The picture of Kayson holding her brought tears to my eyes! So special! Loved meeting her yesterday and she is just beautiful! Now you just need to work on Ryan letting her wear the adorable bows she got from neighbor Nicky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful and I'm so happy for the three (well now 4) of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures of you 4 and Kayson looks so proud! She is adorable. Can't wait to meet her in person! Let us know! Congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete