Saturday, August 18, 2012

Monday & More of Kayson

My 41 week baby appointment was Friday afternoon.  Since I'm overdue, the 'rules' are to do a non-stress test to check out the baby and see how she's doing.  After the doc checked me, and we set up the induction for Monday morning at 7:30, I went to a room to recline.  Ryan left - we didn't feel like we needed him there to just watch me sit for 20 minutes.  I was hooked up to watch the movement of Baby Girl... she was napping.  Seriously.  For 20 minutes, she made one movement and the nurses and doctor did not like that at all.  I got nervous, but knew (and told them), that she was just moving like crazy when I had ate lunch and afterwards...  but they didn't really care.  

I went sent to the hospital...  with words in my mind from the doctor - "you may be induced yet today."  I'm not going to lie, I was a little overwhelmed...  like, holy crap!  Even though we have an induction time set, I was mentally prepared for THAT, not going to the hospital right then!  Ryan met me at the hospital - brought a couple necessities, just in case...  

An ultrasound was done - measurements and all that stuff was done and of course Baby Girl was moving just fine.  She's so stubborn.  My amniotic fluid was measured too and is at a 11.7 (apparently at the stage I'm at, that's ok - they want it to be between 10 and 20).  The doctor was called and I was told to go home.  

Again, overwhelming!  I'm having some lower back pressure and some tightness in my abs, but nothing that's consistent enough to be worried/ready to have a baby!  At this point, I'm just really hoping we can get through the weekend and go in Monday morning to get Baby Girl here.  Since it's scheduled, we are a little more at 'ease' knowing that Kayson will just go to daycare like a normal day, and we'll have grandparents pick him up and it won't be such a 'shock' (at least we are hoping).  Anyway, I'm just trying to enjoy this last weekend as a family of 3.  With that being said...  Kayson definitely knows and understands that Mommy is going to the hospital soon and Baby Sister will be here.  

He's pushing my buttons.  Bedtime is terrible...  he plain doesn't listen to me anymore.  I finally said to him last night - "I know you are scared, but Mommy and Daddy love you SO much and just because Baby Sister will be here soon doesn't mean we need to be sad or not listen."  I honestly think it clicked (even though he still is having troubles listening and such, I think he kind of understood it.) - or at least I'm hoping.  He's just got to know how much we love him and hope he never forgets that.  I know this is going to be hard on him and I know we are really going to have to be patient and talk things out...  Lots of praying going on in my head right now.  

We've also realized that he's a much better/happier kid when only one parent is around.  When my nieces were growing up, I remember thinking that they were so good when either my sisters and their hubbys were gone or just one parent was around...  I thought that was crazy, but it's so true.  He did great for me this morning while Ryan worked, but over lunch and prepping for nap-time, he didn't listen, talked back, wouldn't do what we asked him to do, etc.  I walked away and went into the basement for 5 minutes.  He let Ryan read to him and put him down for nap, with no fuss.  STINKER.  

Anyway, I'm completely babbling right now. 

I'll update when Baby Girl arrives, whether it's tonight, tomorrow... or scheduled on Monday. 

1 comment: