Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sick Kayson and Me/Baby

Kayson's been sick.
Sunday morning (early), he woke up with a high temp...  MAN!  He seemed ok... and wanted to sleep more, which was good...  meds were given and he was out for another good 3 hours.  The rest of the day on Sunday was on and off...  still the high temp that we just couldn't get to break...  but he took a great nap and seemed fairly happy. 

Monday morning he woke up again, with the high temp...  this time he had the terrible flemmy cough and just an upset little boy.  We knew he didn't feel well.  I kept him home and we got into the doctor Monday morning...  Ears looked good, throat looked good, and chest sounded good...  again = nasty virus.  (You know how I hate the word virus!)  So Monday afternoon a nice nap was taken... by me too...  wishing we could have been outside in the wonderful weather...  but it just wasn't happening.  Kayson was unhappy!!  Poor kid.

Monday evening/bedtime/overnight = terrible.  Ryan is out of town, so it was just me...  I had some outstanding patience with Kayson too...  thank goodness.  We were up probably every 45 minutes or so from 10 pm til 1:30 am...  then finally he crashed hard from 1:30 am til 4:00 am.  Then it all started again - crying hard, coughing hard, gagging...  just terrible to watch him suffer. I tried sucking everything out of his nose, but it's just so far in his throat...  just stinks!  BUT - his fever broke right around 4 am, so I figured we should be on the mend. But we still have that cough.  I decided to keep him home today too.  I just don't think it's that fair to take him to daycare when I know he's not really feeling all that well and not very happy.  We had an outing this morning - I needed to get my work laptop so I could do some work while he napped...  he did well, but was already exhausted by the time we got home.  He did eat a little lunch, then napped.  I hope we can get that junk out of his nose/throat soon. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And onto Me/Baby.  I've decided that I'll start writing about how I'm doing with this pregnancy and how Baby is growing. 

How far along: 11 weeks 5 days
Total Weight Gain: 0 lbs
Size and Growth of Baby: From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.
Maternity Clothes: Not yet...  Jeans/Pants are still fitting well!
Sleep: OK - minus my sick 3 year old!
Movement:  None
Food Cravings:  The spaghetti I made last night was REALLY good.  ha.  I'm still feeling icky - but not nearly as often...  Food is becoming more of my friend.  I'm at least hungry now and will eat something and it will satisfy!  :) 
OTHER: I'm showing... or at least I think I am!!  I definitely can't suck it in anymore!  and I get terrible headaches in the afternoons... 

I do plan on taking pictures of my growing belly, I just haven't done it yet...  now that I feel like I'm popped out, I probably should do that soon!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for inviting us to help celebrate your birthday!!! It was fun and good to see everyone too! Hope Kayson gets feeling better and get some pics of that tummy on the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete