Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"NO"

"No" seems to be Kayson's favorite word lately.  Do you know how frustrating that is?!?!?  Everything Ryan and I say... or ask...  or suggest... or tell...  his response is "No."  Deep breath.  Lots of deep breaths come out of me!!!  We both lost our patience with Kayson tonight...  which is super unfortunate...  it is my birthday, and when it's a 'special' day like this, you only want a 'perfect' evening.  Silly of me to think that would happen with a 3 year old!  :)  Bedtime is becoming a challenge...  I would say challenge, because he fights us to get the bath done and then have the quiet time he needs...  he does fall asleep pretty much instantly (because he's exhausted), but arguing with us that he doesn't want a bath (not a choice - when you stink Kayson!)  and arguing with us on who's going to put him to bed.  We get tired of the back and forth...  which is just as much our fault as anyone elses...  we shouldn't do the back and forth, but when you are at that point of not knowing what else to say, you kind of fall into that 'routine'.  I would love any advice out there!!!

I've read and read some things from BabyCenter.com...  suggesting how to handle things and how this is just what happens, I understand that. I guess I'm just trying to help and figure out what Ryan and I can do...  (which this is just a small 'problem', but seems pretty big when it happens every evening).  I think another problem is that it's been so cold out, he just doesn't get the fresh air that he needs.  Daycare isn't going outside, so being cooped up all day, and then all evening is certainly taking a toll on that little boy's attitude.  

Having a 3 year old is hard!  (and he's only 3 years old and 1 MONTH!)  I've heard more and more over the past week or so - "It's not the terrible 2's, it's the TERRIBLE 3's".  WONDERFUL.  :)  Gotta love that kid.  Especially with the birthday card he gave me this morning...  darn him!

No comments:

Post a Comment