Thursday, January 19, 2012

More of This & That

  • Funny story --- about a week ago, I was walking to my car which was parked in the ramp at work.  I noticed someone at the door of my car, a woman, dressed nicely - bundled up.  She was trying to get into my car.  At first I kind of panicked, but as I got closer, I had recognized her... and just assumed she was at the wrong car.  I used my key less entry to unlock the door.  She stepped back and looked up as I came around the corner... and said, "Well, this isn't my car!"  haha.  I couldn't help but giggle...  and just said that it was okay.  She apologized again, and walked a little bit further up to HER black Ford Edge.  :)
  • Tonight my friend and neighbor, Nicky, offered to have Kayson come over to play with her daughter, Avery.  I could use about an hour to just do whatever...  I took her up on the offer!  Kayson was a little hesitant at first, but then all of the sudden, he was ready to go play and it was okay if Mommy didn't go with.  I was so proud.  And according to Nicky, he did great.  That's an awesome feeling.  Big thanks to Nicky.
  • Some of our favorite shows are now back up and 'new'.  I love it, but sure does make me even more lazy at night time!!  
  • I'm struggling at my reading...  Ryan got me/us a Kindle Fire for Christmas and we have one book on there...  I'm about 80% done, and I haven't touched it for over a week.  Darn you good shows!  :)
  • I've been painting my nails lately...  they are growing like crazy due to some vitamins I'm taking, and it's kind of nice to see them painted!  It's a lot of up-keep though!
  • A complaint --- this entire week, my drive downtown has taken either 1 hour or 1.5 hours... to go maybe 12 miles???  I mean, that totally makes sense, in Des Moines.  ha.  It's a good thing that I have pretty good patience.  Granted, I've been running a little later than normal, since I was in charge of getting K to daycare...  this takes about an extra 15 minutes.  Tuesday, we had some snow and the roads were not taken care of at all (or what I think they should have been!).  That drive was right at 1.5 hours.  Wednesday, it was just slow.  Roads were fine, I didn't see an accident - drive was an hour and 15 minutes.  And today, there was a 5-car accident - drive was right at an hour.  I'm hoping to shoot for a 15 minute drive tomorrow!!
  • We have a relaxing weekend planned, time at home and time with some friends we haven't seen in awhile.  I'm looking forward to it.  Just wish it would warm up a little!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment