Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Heavy Heart

My work family lost a consultant yesterday (we found out this morning). He was 41 years old and battled Hodgkin's Lymphoma cancer. I have worked with "D" for nearly 12 years - he was a great guy, mentor, friend, and person (and Daddy to two young boys). I, along with several others in the department, have many memories of "D".


I've been very lucky in my life to not lose a lot of people that I've cared about... unfortunately, this happens and most of the time it's very unexpected. Today is one of those times where I wasn't really expecting this, but deep down, I also knew something was very serious and wrong. My heart hurts, it's very, very heavy today... very sad, as I think of his boys and his wife, I think of his parents and other family members as they greive, and I think of our work family. My tears just will not stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment