Sunday, April 2, 2017

Weekend

You know a few sayings --- "I swear it was Friday like 5 minutes ago."  Or "Can we start the weekend over again? I wasn't ready!"

Man - we've had a couple hard weeks, and now that we are 'back to normal', all I wanted was a weekend to go slow.  Well, I just don't think that's possible.  

Friday:
Cora and I stayed in...  cuddled, did random stuff, including loads and loads of laundry.  We finally got our new washer and dryer.  Super long story, but more to come on that... later in the week.  Kayson and Daddy went to an Iowa Wild hockey game.  Good night. 

Saturday:
We all slept in fairly well - minus Cora, she was up about 7:20. Not terrible, but I could have easily done 8:20.  :)  We started our day... just hanging out and doing more laundry.  We had one of Cora's little friends over, Elaina.  They haven't seen in each other in a long time, so we thought it would be good.  Well, unfortunately, Cora did not behave and was rather naughty for me and rude to Elaina.  Man, it was SOOO disappointing.  

We had a quick lunch at home, then Cora took a long 2 hour nap.  She was obviously tired.   The rest of the afternoon, I just did random stuff... and cleaned a little.  It was a nice afternoon. 

Saturday night we had Jess and Lex and their kiddos over to play.  I made some yummy tacos, the kids ate like champs, then played.  Again, unfortunately, Cora didn't do that well with our friends.  It wasn't just her, all of the kiddos (minus Dax) were just owly.  Lots of tattling... ugh.  BUT - in between dealing with the kids, us adults were able to have a few good adult conversations.  ha.  

Sunday:
A super rainy, cold day.  YUK.  We went to church, where we have our new interim pastor, Brad.  And man, I am super impressed.  I believe he's going to be a great fit for us, for the short term he'll be with us.  Very nice man, soft spoken, easy to talk with already.  

The remainder of the day was a few errands, and Kayson going to a birthday party (only cuz his baseball practice got cancelled).  Cora and Daddy hung out this afternoon, which was fun to see her all over him.  ha.  

And tonight - lots of watching TV and being lazy.  I should have been productive, but didn't feel like it!  So now I'll just complain that the weekend went too fast.  ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment