Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Cora is NOT the boss!

There is a little girl in our home that I'm completely smitten over.  She's beautiful, she's caring, she's funny, and she has a lot of love for us.

But over all of those wonderful characteristics, she also believes she's the boss.  Of everything!

We've been struggling (as I've posted before) with a lot.  She literally thinks she can ignore us.  Here are a few examples of how miss Cora can act at the lovely age of 4 1/2.  

  • on a chilly morning - 40 degrees to be exact.  I got her coat out, and she proceeded to put this around her waist.  She thinks that's pretty cool when she does that.  I said to her - "Please put your coat on your arms, it's super cold out this morning."  She failed to do so...  continued with the tying around her waist.  Then Ryan said to her the same thing...  again, ignoring.  So then she gets hollered at, and tears fall.  
  • at tumbling, she likes to push my buttons to see my reaction when she decides she won't get in line for class with the other girls.  She'll just sit in the chair and start to get antsy and drag her feet.  I'll explain to her that it's time to get in line or we will leave.  It doesn't matter... she typically throws some sort of fit - whether it's just falling out of the chair or dropping to her knees and crying at the door to the studio.  She'll eventually get into the studio, and is fine. 
  • Everyday when she gets in the car, she asks for a piece of gum... I do give this to her, maybe that's not right, but I do.  Then when we get home (which is a short 15 minutes), she's asking for another piece or something to eat.  Everyday I tell her no and everyday she throws a mini fit about it.  
  • The clothing thing is still a fight... again, she thinks she's the boss of this.  And unfortunately, she's not due to the weather being so off and on right now...  I tell her every night and morning - "you have to listen to me when it comes to clothes and what you wear today."  There are usually tears. 
  • in addition to things going on at home... she's been having some rough days at school as well.  We are being told that she's being very sassy and talking back to the teachers, as well as being rude or not nice to her friends.  This does not fly in our home... not an option Cora.  :( 
I find that all these things happen when she's under my watch...  she rarely EVER does any of this stuff when Ryan is around.  I find it very frustrating and disappointing.  But again, I love her so damn much... I guess this is just the way she is with me.    I also re-read this and realize to some people she may seem like a little brat.  She may be sometimes...  :(

*not complaining, just tracking what's going on with Cora at 4 1/2.  I can't wait to read these blog posts over in a year or 3.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment