Sunday, April 23, 2017

Weekend - Prom & Arizona family

Busy weekend, but oh so much fun. 
Friday night we grabbed supper out... then back home to bed and packing. 

Saturday:

We got up and headed out the door right about 8:30.  Onward to Clarion.  My aunt (Mom's twin sister) and her two daughters, Jacqui (and son Derick) and Kellie flew to Iowa Friday afternoon.  Ryan and I drove separate cars, cuz he had to get back for church today... but we all headed up there at the same time. 

We met at Tricia's... and just started our day.  Lots of laughs and stories, and more laughs.  Ryan and Kayson took a break from 'girl talk' and went out to the farm to spend some time with Dad. They did some farm stuff.  :)   So nice of them.   Meanwhile, me, Cora, Hope, Jac, Kells, Aunt Caroyl, Monette & Shanna and Trish just hung out at the house.  It was such a nice time.  Doing nothing with them is great - just catching up.  It was also Prom in Clarion... so Eden, Lindsay AND Ryan were busy, but we got to see them all dressed up.  I have to put a plug in here - I'm so proud of my nieces and nephew.  Not many Aunts can say how proud they are of them... and how beautiful/handsome they are.  They are just good kids, and I couldn't be more happy for them, and love them more.  It's amazing how when kiddos get older, things just click.  I know that's not the case for all families, but we are certainly very lucky.  


Anyway...  Cora and I, along with most everyone else, went up to the HS to watch the Prom Grand March.  A big to-do, that takes forever.  ha.  But it was fun to see all the pretty girls.  


After that we went back to Tricia's - had a yummy supper and some drinks... and some more good laughs.  I got the kids to bed at a decent time...  the Arizona folks headed back to their hotel, but me, my sisters and our spouses, plus Ashley, Hope and Logan sat in the kitchen and talked for hours!  Literally til midnight... I've never laughed so hard at Ashley and just all the stuff we talked about.  It was so much fun.  


Sunday:

Tired adults.  :)
We just hung out at Tricia's most of the morning.  Ryan headed back to Waukee for church.  The rest of us went out to the farm for lunch.  It was a beautiful day (a little windy), but nice enough to sit outside.  The kids played fairly well, Cora was beyond tired, but did ok.  Kayson and Ryan rode the gator 1,000 times.  It was a nice afternoon. 

Then the kids and I headed back about 3:00 cuz K had baseball practice tonight. 


Pizza was ordered, and we had a quiet night...  and bed came early for the kids.  


What a great little weekend.  I'm lucky enough to get to go back to Clarion on Tuesday - just me.  I'll spend the day with Trish and my cousins a little more... adult time.  :)


Here are a ton of pictures from the last couple days. 

Visiting Grandma Cheryl





Fun girls!




My ornery kids at my favorite place.



We trusted Kayson to drive us in the gator!

No comments:

Post a Comment