Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Kayson - More Baseball

We are a couple games into the season...  and I'm going to try to update the blog with more info and pics of K's games.  Whether or not he'll be a 'star' player, I better document this for him!! 

POSITIONS:
Second game of the season - he got to pitch!  Oh boy.  He's always said he wants to be a pitcher.  It's like the 'thing to do' apparently!   His cousin Duke pitches, so I think he just thinks it's cool.  And it is - if you are good!  

But in reality, this was his first time pitching... and he actually did OK.  He's 8 - so I would say he had about 70% not so good throws, and the rest were great.  He did strike out a few kiddos, which he loved - you could see a little smirk on his face.  

So that was pretty fun to watch.  I thought I'd be a nervous wreck and want to hide, but I didn't.  I kept it positive.  

Third game Kayson played 1st base for several innings, and did great!  He caught the ball!  ha.  He also caught a pop-fly, which was super exciting.  

WEATHER:
oh... Iowa spring weather for you.  
Along with the second game - it was FREEZING!  We were all bundled up, and still cold.  The wind was awful!  I kept thinking - February might have been warmer.  eek.  

and then the third game it was BEAUTIFUL weather!  Warm, sunny and a nice breeze.  Now that's the weather I like for baseball. 

Tonight he has another game - at 7:15.  The weather right now is in the 50's and they won't be cancelling due to cold weather.  Cora and I will be skipping the game!!



No comments:

Post a Comment