Sunday, December 11, 2016

Weekend

Friday:
Friday morning started with a few tears...  just was sad, thinking about Mom a lot.  But the tears ended quickly...  it was the start of my 4 day weekend, and I shook it off.  I needed to.  I've been doing well lately...  not a lot of tears, but my mind is on Mom nearly 99% of the time.  I've realized when I'm even watching TV, or talking to others, anything...  she's on my mind.  It's crazy how my mind can handle all of that at one time, and have conversations...  somehow it does.  I miss her terribly... and I want to go see her/grave site SO badly.  I wish I could go daily, or even weekly.  

Anyway, Friday morning I did a few random errands... then met up with Colleen and Lacey for lunch and an afternoon with them.   We sat at lunch for about 2 1/2 hours - two glasses of wine and I felt better.  We then just walked around the mall... talking, laughing, shopping...  and making the day full of memories.  I am so thankful for those girls.  Seriously - the best friends I've ever had, for so many years.  
we take terrible selfies - but it's a pic of us!
Friday night, we just hung out - grabbed pizza out, and that's about it.  It was a nice night. 

Saturday:
We seemed to have a super busy Saturday.  Kayson started his basketball season --- with a clinic.  He'll have two clinics, then practices and games start in January, I think.  Anyway, Ryan took K to the clinic.  I took Cora over to Elaina's to play for a couple hours.  I had the house to myself for 2 hours... I seriously didn't know what to do.  So weird, and so dumb at the same time.  I mean - what did I/we do when we didn't have kids?!?!?!  Anyway, I cleaned a little - then wrapped a few more gifts.  

We had lunch at home...  Cora took a rest...  then we headed over to Pella to watch Colby play ball.  He's a senior this year at Central, and is still doing amazing.  The game was great - stressful, but great!  A good win.  Then we had supper with the family over there... always a nice time.  It was good to see them, and just do something different.   Home and bed for everyone!

Sunday:
Church...  and then really we just hung out all afternoon/night.  I didn't do any errands... didn't get groceries (got them Friday).  I snoozed a little in the chair.  Cora took an awesome rest.  It just was a really nice, quiet afternoon.  Ryan made soup for supper.  Just yum.  

We had the kids watch "Elf"...  so again, just a nice, quiet night too.  

Ryan and I have tomorrow off.  Yes, Ryan too.  ha.  We have a few planned things to do/get, then hopefully we can finish our shopping.  

Cora and Grandma Janis

No comments:

Post a Comment