Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas #3 - Hardy Family

Friday afternoon we headed up to Clarion.  Clarion (northern Iowa in general) was getting heavy, wet snow.  Our drive was ok on the interstate, but once we got off the interstate and onto the county roads - things were messy.  It was like all of the sudden - there was a shit ton of snow and no plows!!   We took it slow, and did just fine - but wow, it was crazy!  Once we were to the farm, then the snow was beautiful.  :) 


Friday night we just hung out... everyone came out and we ate pizza.  It was a nice night, but I was a little out of sorts.  I have had a nervous stomach for about a week - lots of thoughts, lots of worries, lots of tears...  and I really thought it would be better when we got up there, but it wasn't.  I just wasn't feeling right.  

But Saturday morning, I woke up ok...  still a little nervous, but better.  We got ready for our day, then my sisters and their families headed out around 10.  We just started our day - had a good lunch, then opened our gifts (kiddo gifts).  It was a good little day...  good memories... and we think Dad had a good time as well.  Mom was with us in little different ways I felt - in the kitchen specifically... and also I felt her there when the kids were opening gifts.  It eased me a little.  I'm definitely thankful for my sisters...  we've just become so close, and I'm so blessed for that.  












We headed out around 4:00 - stopped at the cemetery to put a pretty winter wreath out.  It was good to talk to Mom for a minute.  Then on the road. 


Once we were back, we dropped Murphy off... freshened up for about 3 minutes and back in the car to go to Christmas Eve service at church.  

It was a nice day.  Merry Christmas from the Hardy's!

No comments:

Post a Comment