Sunday, December 18, 2016

Christmas #2 - Taylor Family

We had the Taylor extended Christmas gathering yesterday afternoon through this morning.  We had some snowy, windy, icy weather come through Friday night... and stuck around through Saturday night.  Unfortunately, Mike's one brother, Todd and his family couldn't make it up from KC.  The roads were just that iffy... so they stayed home.  Blair and Martina were able to make it... a little iffy for a bit, but they said it wasn't too bad.  

We (my little family) hung out Saturday during the day --- Kayson had his second basketball clinic, Cora and I just hung out at home.  I cleaned and did laundry.  We made lunch... Cora took a rest...  I continued to just do random stuff, prepping for our evening.  It was nice being home. 

We met up at the hotel with everyone around 3:30.  Just gathered - started eating way too much.  But we had a really nice time.  I was having a good day...  however, my Dad wasn't.  Trish had messaged me telling me that - so that bummed me out, but I tried not to worry about him.  This time of year... and just knowing this was Mom's favorite - is hard.  Period.  

BUT...  the night went on.  We had a good time.  We ordered pizza in this year... worked out well.  We played some games, opened some gifts, played some more, the kiddos swam...  It was just a good evening.  

This morning we got up and ate breakfast at the hotel with everyone... then we were back home around 10:30.  We got unloaded...  grabbed lunch...  and just had a nice afternoon at home.  Ryan and Kayson went to Lifetime (we joined the gym last week) to shoot hoops and show Kayson around.  

Nice day. 

Here are the pics from last night!


Kayson and Duke have become great little buddies/cousins

Such a pretty girl
Papa and Grandma's littles.  (my flash was SUPER bright!)
Grandma Janis with her grands and greats (Minus Jenna, Katie, Kyle & Matt)
Team Tate
Team Cora (she was pouting!)
Team Kayson



The kids had a blast swimming!
Cora and Brittlyn!
Lil Miss with Aunt Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment