Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas #5 - Taylor Family

We are officially done with Christmas.  It always, always seems to go quickly...  same with this year.  I can't believe it's already Tuesday (which I'm thrilled about).  
We headed to Creston Monday morning - around 10ish.  The kids slept til about 8:00, so that was nice.  They needed the rest.  We just hung out at Mike and JeanAnn's all day... Blair's got there around noon.  We had lunch, the girls rested for a little bit (too short!), the boys played... and the rest of us just hung out.  It was a really nice day.  

Once the girls were up from their rest, we dove into the gifts.  Once again, our kids (all 4 kids) were spoiled.  Kayson got two football jerseys - Cam Newton and Demaryius Thomas.  He was thrilled.  He got a few other games for his PS4 too.  Spoiled!  Cora got a fun tent for her baby doll, and it's adorable.  Plus lots of other nice things.  

Us adults were spoiled as well.  I got a beautiful necklace (heart shaped) that says "Mom" on it...  it's awesome, and brought some serious tears to my eyes.  Thank you JeanAnn. 

Overall it was a really nice day...  the kids were pretty good, and we made the kids take their turns at opening gifts.  It went well.  

Monday night we just hung out some more...  eating, and chatting. 

And then today we just got up and hung out some more...  We headed home early this afternoon.  And the rest of our afternoon and night included organizing, doing laundry, playing and getting some groceries.  I'm wiped out! 

Here's to another special Christmas.  I'm sad that it's over, but also a little relieved.  It was a very emotional and sometimes unstable couple of days for me.  I've been struggling - missing Mom terribly...  and just gathering myself.  I have a long ways to go...  lots of praying (and many deep breaths!) is happening. 


Here are some pics of our couple of days.  
Cousins












Who looks 14???







No comments:

Post a Comment