Monday, June 3, 2013

Oh what a weekend.

It was an interesting weekend...  good, bad... and a little ugly.  :)
Friday evening we had some neighbors over to grill out... play...  drink.  We think everyone had a really good time...  and the kids did really well too!  I was exhausted afterwards! 

Saturday, Ryan and Kayson were invited to the Principal Charity Classic.  They went with Ryan's Uncle Scott and Cousin Duke.  K and Duke have a great time together... but he would be skipping his LAST Soccer practice/game.  K was fine with that... so off they went.  Fresh cool air for over 6 hours.  :)  Which is wonderful, until that little boy gets home and it's too 'late' for a nap...  then we start showing the bad!  We survived... and ended up doing an errand all together and dinner out.  Overall, he did ok, and was in bed early too, so that was nice.

Yesterday was an important day for Ryan and me - our 6th wedding anniversary!!!  Unfortunately, the day got away from us... with no real concentration on just Ryan and me.  (Which I KNOW happens when you have two busy kiddos).  We were all pretty lazy in the morning... moving really slow.  Ryan and Kayson both slept in...  I believe Kayson got 12 hours of sleep!!!  (One would think that would make a huge difference in some attitude!)  One is wrong.  :)  The morning was a struggle...  and it finally got nice enough to go outside.  So I went out with him - we played soccer and really had a good time... running and giggling a lot.  Then I said that it was time for a nap - the world was coming to an end for him!  He did finally lay down, not for very long, but he rested... 

Ryan's parents stopped by to take us out for a quick supper...  Kayson was pretty owly already, but seemed to be fairly fine...  supper was had and he did ok.  He did eat, so we are always pleased with that...  Cora was antsy...  she can only do well in the high chair or someone's lap for about 30 minutes tops.  I guess we can only give her so many snacks!!  ha.  I'm sure it'll be better (or worse) when she can have more table food!

We headed home...  Ryan's Mom had purchased a bubble machine for Kayson...  we got that out - and he played for a bit - the dogs love the bubbles too, so they were all thrilled!!  ha.  Of course, it was after 8pm, and baths needed to be done.  We got Kayson inside... and Papa was going to wash K's hands... and apparently K wasn't listening and wanted me to wash his hands.  We all were letting him know that he was going to take a bath in 1 minute, so it could wait.  Apparently that wasn't good enough!  He had a huge fit...  so Ryan swooped him up (K screaming) and a bath was taken and bed was had - all while screaming and crying. 

Now... I know kids have fits, K does a lot lately...  but for some reason, this one was one that dug at my heart.  I was so mad... but so sad too.  As I fed Cora in her room, listening to K cry and Ryan trying to talk with him... I just took deep breaths and thought "What the heck are we doing wrong!?!?"  Are we really doing something wrong?  Or is this just normal...?  and that normal stinks!!!  And - looking at Cora only hoping she won't do this for us when she's 4!  ha.

We are all wiped out I think...  I'm hoping this week we can get Kayson to bed early to eliminate some of this attitude.  I honestly think that's the answer - he has to have his naps, and a good nights sleep.  He's just not ready to miss naps.  (At least that's what I think as of now!!)

Anyway... here's to another crazy year of change, attitudes, fits, laughter and love.  I love you Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment