Sunday, June 16, 2013

What a GREAT weekend!

It's been a great weekend!!
Friday evening we did a quick dinner out at Jethro's...  well, pretty quick, but good... nice change for us (not El Rodeo!)
Saturday morning Ryan went into work...  the kids and I went to the book store at the mall.  Kayson's been doing pretty well at his star chart, so that was his 'reward'.  Of course, he had a meltdown before we went, but off we went anyway.  ha.  We, of course, spent plenty at the book store... then Kayson played a little too.

We were home for a quick lunch and naps for the kids...  3 hours for both of them.  I should have napped, but I didn't...  I did the grocery store run during the time, then prepped food for Saturday night and today.

Saturday evening we went to Steve & Jessica's for grill out... (Steve is from Creston, and I've become darn good friends with Jessica)...  we had such a great time!!  Another set of friends (from Creston) were there too with their two girls...  (Kayson - the only boy), but he did great.  The food was awesome, and the conversation/company was great too.  Tons of fun, and I'm already looking forward to the next time!

While we were there, Cora decided that pushing a little doll stroller around (walking behind it) was cool...  aaaah!!!  She's growing up WAY TOO FAST!!!  However, she didn't do anything like that today at our house... ha.  That's ok!!

Today - Father's Day!  I feel we spoiled Ryan a little!!  Kayson and I got Dunkin Donuts for Daddy (and us!)...  then we gave him his gifts.  I made a Shutterfly photo book for him... (Probably not exactly what he was 'dying' for, but I thought it was neat!)  AND I surprised him with a Lawn Edger. It's been a thought in my mind for weeks now... and I bit the bullet and got him a really nice one!  I think he was surprised... and he likes it too!  He tried it out tonight... he says it's cool!

My sister, Trish, and her family and my parents came down for lunch today...  We grilled out (well, Ryan did - and it was great)...  and we just played for hours.  Kayson did so great... ate well, and played well too.  We skipped nap today, and it actually was a success.  (Not a habit to make, but today it was fine!)  We played volleyball, played with chalk (hopscotch), he ran through the sprinkler... he just did great.  I was pleased... and of course he was a little upset when everyone left.

We just had a great time...  it was a good day.

We spent some more time outside late this afternoon...  and bath/bedtime was fairly early.  Cora asleep by 7:30 and Kayson by 8:10.  :)

Enjoy some photos!!!
Happy Father's Day Ryan!!
a little hopscotch!
our big girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment