Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Last couple days, and Ryan

Well, Kayson and I have survived another few days without Ryan at home... now we just need to make it through the rest of the week. It's amazing how much I count on Ryan during the evenings... just the little things, especially now that Kayson is going through the lovely stage of 'separation anxiety'. Over the past week, I've noticed that a whiny cry comes out of Kayson whenever I leave the room. Wow - that's something to get use to!! I've noticed it more and more the past two evenings... since Ryan is gone - he's not here to distract Kayson with his funny noises and tickling. I've read that this separation anxiety stage is normal, and temporary. Can it only last 3 days?!?! ha. Doubt it.

Anyway, I believe Kayson is finally starting to feel more like himself. We had a rough night Monday night - up quite a bit in the middle of the night... makes for a tired Janelle! Tuesday was better - however, he still wasn't himself at daycare, according to Becky. Last night he seemed even more better (is that correct grammer?) - he ate pretty good, and played good too... and slept good. His new thing (or at least the last two nights) - he groans in the middle of the night... at the time, it's not funny, and I have a hell of time falling back to sleep, but now when I think about it, it's kind of funny. Just kind of. ha.

Have I said how much I miss Ryan?!?! Yep, going to say it again... I'm ready for it to be Friday afternoon.

A friend of mine had some random thoughts about parenthood on her blog earlier this week - and one of her statements was "she could never be a single parent, she admires all the single parents out there, and she's tired for them." I thought that fit my situation pretty well during some of these weeks when Ryan is travelling... I'm not going to lie, it's hard, but we/I do it - and just makes me even more thankful for Ryan when he's home. I'm very thankful that I'm not truely a 'single mom'. I have a great husband, who is a great Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment