Wednesday, August 26, 2009

8 Months

Kayson is officially 8 months old... (as of yesterday). I would have posted something yesterday, but I was under the weather... sicker than a dog, actually. I'm doing better today - still a little weak (probably cuz I haven't ate anything since Monday) and just tired. So... here's the scoop on our wonderful son.

  • Finally enjoying tummy time... it's been a long 3 or 4 months of not liking it at all, now I can say that Kayson doesn't mind it. He gets himself turned around and reaches for toys, etc... so now we've got to get those knees up and start movin!
  • Does this funny sound when he's excited - it's like he's sucking in air.
  • Thinks sneezes are so funny!
  • Rubs his eyes and buries his head in your shoulder when he's tired... such a sweet feeling.
  • Loves to watch Quincy play fetch... Kayson now grabs Quincy's tennis ball, and I am helping him throw it for Quincy. (and keeping it out of his mouth - YUK). Kayson just laughs and flaps his arms/hands!
  • Quincy doesn't really let Kayson pet him, but Murphy does - We are trying to teach Kayson to be 'gentle' when he pets/grabs!
  • Starting to use his fingers to pick up small items - like the Gerber Puffs! Excellent milestone!
  • Does 'Head Butt' with Ryan... Ryan says "Head Butt" to Kayson and Kayson comes in and they bump heads together. Oh it's hilarious!
  • Knows when we are at daycare - he gets so excited and is nearly trying to get out of his carseat before I have him unstrapped!

I don't have any stats on him, besides my Mom is always saying "how do you carry him, he's so big/heavy?!?!" About 3 weeks ago I weighed him on our scale, and he was about 25 pounds... We go for our 9 month check up the end of September, so I'll have more details then!

Kayson is truly such a joy to be around... he brings a smile to your face even after a bad day. We are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment