Saturday, August 8, 2009

Baseball or No Baseball?

Earlier in July, we were invited to attend an ICubs game with my hometown church - my parents and sisters' families come down, along with about 25 other members from the church. Ryan and I have gone before (they do this every year)... and when it was mentioned again this year, I was hesitant (knowing Kayson would want to go to bed around 7:30 - and just knowing he's on such a good routine and doesn't really like to be held much). But we went anyways... thinking it would be just fine, and knowing we wouldn't stay the entire game.

First, it was warm - extremely warm. We got to the game, got to our (tight) seats, and sat down with my family and some others... Kayson did pretty well, until about 20 minutes later -- he just didn't want to be held, didn't want a bottle, didn't really like the clapping, didn't want anything but to be walked around. Ryan did so, and that passed the time... he seemed happy, so we tried the sitting again... still not happy. I should have just went with my first instinct- to just stay home. BUT - we can now say it was his first baseball game, and we know not to try it again (at least until next year??)

It was a win for the ICubs so my family had a good time and they enjoyed the Friday night firework show (as my niece Lindsay said "the fireworks rocked!"), so that's what mattered!

No comments:

Post a Comment