Saturday, July 6, 2019

Staycation - Part 1

With the wedding and state baseball last weekend... and it being a holiday week - I decided several months ago, that I would just take this entire week off from work.  I'm so thankful I did. 

After all the busy of the weekend... we did keep the busy going, but it was nice to just be 'around'.  Monday and Tuesday we went up to Clarion to spend a little more time with my cousins from Arizona. 

Monday was a pool day.  We took them to the nice aquatic center in Clarion, spent several hours there.  It was great.  Both Eden and Lindsay kept Cora busy, which I was so thankful for.  Kayson kept busy with the diving board, which was fun to see him do that!  We just sat around and visited.  

Monday late afternoon, the adult men went up to a brewery in town... so that was fun.  Ryan enjoyed that. Then Monday night we just met up at the church with everyone and ate left overs from the wedding.  Perfect.  We had a nice time there... 

Ryan headed back to DSM Monday night, the kids and I stayed with Trish and Greg.  We all slept great...  crazy how I can sleep there, but can't sleep anywhere else!

Tuesday we just got up and hung out a little...  took our time...  then met a few other cousins at the school park and played awhile.  Super hot, but it was a good couple hours. The kids and I got on the road back home around 1ish...  

It was great seeing my AZ cousins, we don't really skip a beat at all, which is nice.  Such good people, and can't wait to see them next year already!!  :)

Pool ready!

He loved the diving board!!


The track I grew up at... love that place.





Some of the men!






bedtime snack.  Cora had milk - Kayson had applejuice in moscow mule cups!





Our buddy/cousin Drew

Us adults... minus Ryan... adding in Cora.

No comments:

Post a Comment