Monday, July 15, 2019

Weekend - Celebrating Ryan's 40th

Last week was BUSY.  Kayson had the Waukee basketball camp he always goes to...  9-4 Monday thru Thursday.  He was pooped by Thursday night.  Cora had BTB all week, then had a dance camp every night from 6:15-7:45.  And it was a HARD camp.  She told us that every single night.  It was just more intense than I had imagined... but honestly, it was good for her.  She now knows what those 'big girls' do... and she learned... so I know it was a success, but she definitely was exhausted.








Friday:  I worked from home cuz K didn't have camp or BTB...  so I ended up keeping both kids home Friday.  They had a hell of a week.  They both were absolutely exhausted, especially Cora.  So I let them sleep in... I worked from home in the morning.  They layed low most of the morning... getting a little bored, but it was ok. 


We grabbed Hudsen at his house and he came over and hung with Kayson... we did lunch out, they did PS4, played outside a little...  and talked my ears off.  Cute kids.  So our Friday afternoon was pretty good.

Friday night was another busy night.  Cora went to her last dance night...  and the rest of us went to the "end of the season" wiffle ball game - Moms vs Boys.  And man, I had so much fun.  Oh my gosh.  I was a little hesitant at first - knew I would probably make an ass out of myself, but in the end, I really didn't!  It was just super fun...  super relaxed...  those people make it so fun and easy.  So thankful.  So we did that all of Friday night...  Ryan got Cora from dance, you could see it in her face (bags under her eyes), she was wiped out.  I took her home around 9ish...  K and Ryan stayed out til 10ish!! 





Saturday:
We were going to celebrate Ryan... kinda of.  I had planned an afternoon of golf for him and his friends... and Blair.  Blair and the kids made the long trip over here...  Martina had another obligation, so she didn't make it.  Saturday morning we did a few errands before they got there...  then the chaos began!  Ryan and Blair headed out to meet up with friends - Mike W, Mike S and Jarren.  They had a super hot day... but from what they told us - they had a blast and that's all that matters to me. 

Meanwhile at our house - Mike and JeanAnn came to hang with me and the kids... glad they were there, but man - we were busy.  We had some stress between K and Tate, but overall - we all survived. The girls played well, and Rhett was just happy playing with a few big trucks and seeing what the big kids were doing.  We did sprinklers, and we tie dyed shirts, which was fun. 

The guys got home around supper time... ordered pizza, and pretty much got the kids in bed...  I was exhausted!  ha.

Sunday:
We got up and went to church...  I didn't think we would cuz we had company, but Ryan insisted on it.  So the 4 of us did that... which was good.  Then back to the house - had lunch with everyone, then they all headed out. 

We had a little quiet time for just us...  I started laundry and cleaned up a little bit... then we headed to the pool.  It was a super hot day, and just felt like we needed to take advantage of that pool. We originally talked about putt-putt golf, but we would have melted! 

It was a nice weekend... busy, that's for sure.  We were all so tired this morning...  so hopefully we can push through this Monday!
















1 comment:

  1. Bend over that brunette we can play hide the chalk in her butt

    ReplyDelete