Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Tuesday = Almost a Nervous Breakdown

Well...  Tuesday is over.  And I'm thrilled... and today has been a much better day, so we are good.  I typically leave this blog for stuff that we are doing - stuff about the kids, etc.  I don't like to complain on here, etc.  But yesterday was the perfect storm for me... and it was one of those days that just didn't go well.  I was on an emotional rollercoaster all day long...  up and down, and sideways... everything.  All of that moved towards an 'almost' nervous breakdown. 


As I posted Sunday - we had a super busy weekend...  and Kayson wanted to go to bed at 7.  Done.  Monday he woke up happy... seemed fine... no problems.  Monday afternoon I got a phone call from the school nurse explaining that K had an accident - peeing accident.  WHAT????  He explained that he was in line, and he just couldn't hold it.  Ok...


I picked him up Monday night...  he looked tired, and didn't really want to talk about the incident.  So I left it alone - besides reminding him that it's ok, no one is mad, just if he thinks he can't hold it, he needs to make it aware to his teacher.  We get home... somewhat settled... and he looks at me and says "Can I go to bed?"  It's not even 6:00.  I did the mom stuff - asking 1,000 questions, making sure he didn't hurt or something was wrong - his answer, "I'm just really tired."  I was able to get some food in him...  and let him watch a cartoon.  Cora was a little owly - so I got her bath done fairly early, and ended up putting her in bed by 7:15.  In the meantime - Kayson had went to his bed, covered up, and fell asleep.  Oh boy.  He wasn't warm, nothing...  just tired.  I woke him long enough to get his jammies on, etc. 


So... all and all - I just figured - he's exhausted and needed to catch up from our busy weekend.  I get it - me too!!  But I was a tad worried. 


This moves into Tuesday.  He woke up fine, but he moped around and was pretty quiet.  He did eat breakfast, but wasn't thrilled about it...  and we went on our day. 


I got an email from K's teacher around 11:00 saying that she just wanted me to know that Kayson hasn't been acting like himself - and is complaining about being tired.  Then a short 2 hours later, I got a phone call from the school nurse - the teacher ended up taking him to the nurse to just get checked out.  K had a crying meltdown in the middle of class telling his teacher he was tired and couldn't do school work anymore.  Again, nurse checked him out - no fever, says his tummy doesn't hurt, just tired.  He rested a little in the office...  then apparently he had another accident - a bowel movement.  Double WHAT???  This is NOT like Kayson...  not at all.  My mind is spinning - I'm worried sick - trying to figure out what's going on - everything.  I felt terrible.


In the midst of all of this - my Mom called.  1) she never calls me - I can't remember the last time she called me, 2) I was worried instantly.  She was fine - however, she was wondering where Dad was.  I explained to her that he was at work, and he would be home soon...  the conversation then turned into her wondering how the kids were and wondering what I was doing.  I kept it short, only cuz I was at work (and still very occupied with worrying about Kayson).  She got emotional (which she's been doing a lot lately) and said goodbye.  Four minutes later - she called again.  The conversation was exactly the same as the first...  and the phone calls continued for another hour.  I got 7 phone calls from her between 1:50 and 2:45, then another 4 calls between 3:30 and 4:00.  At this point, I'm a nervous wreck, I'm realizing the things that Mom does with my sister(s), I'm realizing this disease is the worst thing in the world, I'm realizing that I can't help - even if I try to say something different.  The discussions were exactly the same.  Exactly.  In the meantime, I've called Trish to tell her what's going on...  and she apparently had been getting phone calls from Mom as well - her conversations were a little different tho.  So amazing, so hurting too. 


... moving on.  The phone calls stopped at 4:00 (assuming cuz Dad got home from work)...  in the meantime, I had left work early to get Kayson a little early.  I picked him up...  again, he's not looking all that great, but he also doesn't look terrible.  He says he's tired.  We talked a little... then ran into his teacher on our way out.  I spoke with her and got a little more information, etc.  We headed out - went to get Cora.  He fell asleep on the way to get Cora - a short 10 minute drive.  By then I'm even more worried - the kid can't even keep his eyes open. 


... we get home.  He says he's hungry but doesn't want to eat - and just wants me to sit with him.  We ended up getting his bath taken, since he didn't have one Monday night, it was important to get one.  I also thought - maybe this would perk him up a little?  I was able to get some crackers in him... and a little 7Up.  The whole time, he's telling me nothing hurts, he's just tired. 


By 6:00 he's in bed, jammies and all.  My niece, Ash, came to visit... which was exactly what I needed by the way.   Around 7:00, Kayson rushes out of his room kind of keeled over crying...  I hurried to him - asked if he needed to puke or something?  He started to cry - "I pooped!"  I got him to the toilet... and he had already gone...  but continued to go/finish.  and he's crying the whole time.  It all came full circle - his tummy DID hurt, he just didn't really know it I guess??    A huge sigh of relief on my end... and a few tears.  Once he finished, he asked to go back to bed... and he did. 


This morning he was better - a huge pep in his step and talked my ear off.  I sent him to school.  I got an update from his teacher and she said he's doing much better today.  Another huge sigh.   With that - I am taking him to the doctor this afternoon just to get checked out.  I am still concerned about how tired he is...  so potentially more to come.   


So... my 'almost' nervous breakdown is slowly coming to an end.  At many moments of yesterday I was nervous, having a hard time taking a deep breath, and had tons of anxiety.  I'm exhausted... and honestly can't wait for Ryan to be home (tonight!!!)... and can't wait for a weekend of NOTHING planned.  Good gravy.  :)


And good for you all if you kept up and read this whole thing!!!  :)



1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Of course I read the whole thing! Now I'm very intrigued with what is going on! Hope things are ok! Take a deep breath mama, I know the anxiety feeling all too well! :)

    ReplyDelete