Monday, January 19, 2015

This & That

  • I had today off from work...  I did a Target run, alone, and I took my time.  It was heavenly.  :)  Then I met up with my good friend, Katie, for lunch - man, we had some amazing laughs.  That girl rocks.  I'm very thankful we still get together about every 2 months.  The rest of the afternoon, I did a few things around the house, and got my oil changed.  Now the day is over... back to work tomorrow!
  • Kayson's two teeth are starting to come in... one is completely through, and the other is on it's way - and it's SO CROOKED.  OMG, it's bad.  Poor kid is going to have my teeth.  Makes me sad. 
  • I used to love bedtime with the kids... it used to be quiet and just relaxing.  Not anymore.  Now it's a fight for both kids - meaning, Kayson's always wanting to know who's turn it is to put him to bed, or who's reading to Cora, etc.  He's ALWAYS concerned about it.  We try really hard to rotate bath and bed for the kids...  it's hard, especially when we go through stages of Ryan just not being home.  They get used to me, and apparently like me more at bedtime.  I get it, but man, it's frustrating too.  
  • One of my errands this morning was washing my car... and then actually drying it off, so it looked nice.  Literally 2 hours later - it was raining.  BIG sad face here. 
  • I bought two pairs of jeans last week.  I tried on about 15, but I landed on 2.  Now we'll see how I actually like them after wearing them for 10 hours.  I'm hoping for no 'saggy-butt' syndrome.  
  • Cora wanted to look through one of her photo albums tonight - oh my goodness, it brought back memories.  It seems like yesterday she was just 8 months old... laughing and crawling everywhere... and not talking back!  :)  Kayson looked so different too.  Amazing.
  • For Christmas, I got Ryan and I tickets to see a KU Jayhawks basketball game...  in February.  He was thrilled - actually speechless at the time, and I'm excited too.  Even tho they lost to Iowa State, they are playing now and kicking some butt (at this point).  So I'm looking forward to a little get away for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment