Sunday, January 11, 2015

7:30 on a Sunday = Quiet

Sunday's are always hard...  meaning, I'm crabby (cuz we have to get up early tomorrow and go to work!)... and the kids are typically over being at home with us!  We had a busy weekend, so it was no different tonight...  we (I) had lost patience, and we were just all tired.  Kayson looked at me at 7:00 and asked if he could go to bed.  He was asleep by 7:30...  Cora too.  

Our weekend consisted of:
Saturday
We couldn't really sleep in...  I say that, cuz really lately, the kids have been sleeping past 7:30, which is sleeping in!  :)  Anyway, K had a hair cut at 8:30...  we got up...  dropped the dogs off at the kennel on the way out to Adel...  hair cut and done.  We headed home, did a few things, then we were off to take Kayson to Riley's birthday party at 10.  I headed back home...  finished more packing and organizing...  and Ryan, Cora and I were in the truck by 10:50 to go to the bank, and get Kayson early from the party.  

From there...  a 3 hour drive to Sioux City to visit Blair's for Tate's birthday party.  This is our second trip over there... first one went fairly well, this one - not so much.  I am not lying when we heard "Mom" or "Dad" at least 10,000 times in 3 hours.  I don't like those names anymore.  :)  Cora's very demanding...  and has gotten great at talking back.  This does not fly with me.  And what's so hard is we would discipline, but it's so hard to do that driving.  So frustrating.  We thought she would rest - nope.  She's definitely not herself when we are in the car or not at home.  

Anyway... we got there...  and then we were all good! The kids played and for the most part - stayed away from us!  :)  We had a great time - Tate got some great things for his birthday...  we had great food and great company!  

Sunday
We were up early - again, Miss Cora didn't sleep well, which leads me to not as well...  we got our day started... playing some more and getting packed up.  We needed to be on the road no later than 11ish.  We pulled out at 10:50...  and another 3 hours.  This time around was a tad better...  for the most of it, I sat in the back with the kids... helping with our lunch on the road... and hoping to keep the talking down a little.  Again, no sleeping...  but it was better.  And the drive seemed fairly fast.  

The minute we walked in the door - our smoke detectors were going off.  (They've actually been going off at random times - mostly late afternoon - for the past 5 days.)   We feel we've tried everything... and they are still acting up.  And it's SO ANNOYING... and loud.  Anyway, I got laundry sorted in record time, got Kayson ready for basketball and put Cora down for a nap... and we were out the door again.   Ryan stayed home and got some stuff done...  I took Kayson to basketball, then we got the dogs from the kennel.  Back home by 4:50.  YAWN.  

So... pizza was ordered... baths were taken early... and kids were asleep at 7:30.  Quiet night now.   I need to get groceries, but I honestly don't think I can move.  :)  

It was a great weekend... just a crazy one! 

Cora wanted to hold my hand in the car...  instead - Kayson held her hand.  Sweet.
Almost 4 Tate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment