Friday, January 2, 2015

Here's to 2015!

For New Year's Eve, we invited a few friends over...  Nicky & Avery, Nielsen's and Orfanos'.  They are a great group...  seem to all get along... and the kids do really well too.  We had some snacks, drinks, and great laughs... it was a great evening in.  

So now it's 2015 - seems crazy to think that...  but I decided to look back at my 2014 goals - here they are!

  • Go away for a weekend with Ryan... and maybe with some friends/couples.  We seriously don't spend enough time just us (or even with friends), so I'd really like to do that. --- I'm going to have to say that we did do San Diego.  Even though, it wasn't just US, it was a get away, and we did have some alone time, but also time with some of his great coworkers.
  • Read "50 Shades of Grey" - just because.  I am intrigued by it, and it would get me to read something... ha. --- Read the 1st and 2nd...  Haven't even touched the 3rd.  Not sure if I will - after reading the first two, I'm not as intrigued.
  • Have more patience.  Not sure how this will be measured, but I'm going to really try.  Hard. --- This one is hard.  I have my moments of extreme patience and being soft spoken, then there are moments of not that at all.  I guess I should be more consistent?!  ha.
  • Send birthday cards to all of our family members and close friends.  (Ryan actually just brought that up tonight - so it's on my list!) --- I would say I did this about 60% of the time.  Gosh, this is so easy to do too... 
  • Actually do some of the Pinterest items that I've pinned.  I'd like to produce at least 6 of them - whether it's a recipe or an art/DIY thing. --- I did a few recipes, but nothing crafty-like.
  • Keep Kayson in swimming lessons throughout the year.  It's important and I want him to succeed and not be scared. --- We did several different lessons for him, but not throughout the year. 
  • Floss every night.  (I've been flossing the last 6 months every night, and it made a huge difference at my dentist appointment - so I'm keeping it up!) --- I do this 95% of the time. 
  • Start something in the basement - whether it's the bathroom, or just putting up framing.  Start something... (this is more Ryan, but I will help!) --- NOTHING.  BOO.  We do have more money saved now, so maybe - MAYBE that'll get started in 2015?

So moving onto 2015.  I honestly haven't thought about any of this yet.  But if I quickly think - this is what SHOULD be on my list:
  • Working out.  I just don't do it anymore, and I need to.  It shows and I'm not happy with my body.
  • Have more patience.  Keeping that on here - and will probably be on there for the rest of my life.  :)
  • Start on the basement. 
  • Eat better.  Again, I love food that's not the best for you (especially at 9pm!)  And now it shows. 
  • Go on a vacation/weekend away with my family.  Just us.  
  • Go on a vacation/weekend away with just Ryan.  Preferably somewhere warm... and beachy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment