Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Our TIRED Kayson

It's just me tonight...  I had a super long day at work.  I'm tired of the crappy, cold, wet weather.  Ryan is over 8 hours away.  And I'm tired.  It's not a great combination at this point.  :(

I picked up the kiddos a little early... I needed and wanted to see them.  When I got Kayson - again, he looked like he was exhausted, and he was.  He instantly was whiny and talking back.  It makes me so sad to see him this way... and have him not doing well at home.  He is clearly tired.  I knew this whole 'no nap' thing would be tough, but I honestly didn't think it would be THIS bad.  Anyway, we had a rough evening.  Here are some of the things that happened:
  • Moping around telling me that he's starving.  I make supper... he asked for mac & cheese and a PB & J sandwich.  Fine.  He didn't eat one bite. 
  • Moping continues - he says he's bored and has nothing to do.  I remind him of all the toys, games, worksheets, puzzles, Legos he has.  He's not interested.  
  • He tells me I look like I have a small baby in my tummy.  Awesome. 
  • He tells me I'm mean and am a bully.  :(
  • He then tells me he's tired and wishes he could take a nap.  Right on buddy. 
I explained to him that we'd be going to bed early.  Moping, crying and whining continues.  However, he did get into the bath and ready for bed (without TOO much trouble).  He read two books to me (yes, he's reading more and more words now! - but potentially has some of the books memorized, but whatever!)  And he was asleep by 8:12. 

Kayson Michael - I love you so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment